Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 10-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to vent!!!!! I was working out today at my fav place...Curves....anyway, there is a very sweet older lady I see every day when I am there. One day we started talking about 'female problems' and she mentioned her sister had Adenomyosis, I said "i have that too" and I mentioned that my tummy is getting bigger and bigger and I feel like I look like I am about 6 months along and I am a bit frustrated since I have been working really hard at losing my extra body fat and inches. She didn't say anything about me that day.
Fast forward 2 weeks to today! i see my 'workout friend' and she says "oh honey, you are right, you DO look like you are expecting!"
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know she didn't mean anything mean about it, it just validated my anguish....you know what I mean???? OH, and my Dr. says that Adenomyosis doesn't make the abdomin visibly larger!!!!!! I am printing off every post and email I have from women who have it to show him.....we can't all be crazy and "just overweight"!!!!
Just needed to vent.
Thanks
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 08:45 PM

I'm so sorry that someone has to say that to you. It's like talking about ages. You never say what you really think!

TC
Unread 10-16-2003, 08:46 PM

I don't have that same condition although I have also been told that the fibroid and cysts don't make my stomache larger, however sometimes it is small and other times it is huge and hard not like squishy fat. Yes sometimes it is constapation but female problems do cause bloating, I know that a mass inside your somache also causes your stomache to be larger, when I was pregnant I showed very early on like before I was 3 months along my stomache was buldging so it would stand to reason that a cyst and fibroid that is the same size as a 4 month old fetus would cause me to look pregnant, only you can't tell I look pregnant unless I wear the right clothes and why would I try to show that off, so I just look fat. I'm sorry that the woman confirmed that you look pregnant. It's not just you and I don't like men gyn's anyway because they don't understand, they don't know that every month many of us go through a time when we are really bloated just because of what is happening inside our bodies so who's to say if there is a problem you aren't going to be really bloated or swollen? We believe you, don't worry about whether or not your doctor does. Believe it or not doctors don't know everything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2003, 08:47 PM

hit submit too soon. I also meant to say I too love Curves!
TC
Unread 10-17-2003, 08:58 PM

Chris;
The person that delivers the clean and starched lab coats for our surgeons asked me when I was due. Now of course there were three other girls preggers in the office at this time, but I was not. I have never lost my belly since I ahd my 1st lap in '92, so I do have a nice little paunch (6mo size). I hate to say it but ya have to laugh and go on. I know I just told the lady that I was due in about 5 months, and laughed as I called my next patient back. You are the better person, to bad her mother never taught her manners.
Unread 10-17-2003, 10:56 PM

Oh, you sound like me today!! I have a 17cm fibroid that will be removed in a TAH on Tuesday (GULP!!!) My tummy has been bloated for a month now and is getting bigger it seems. Today, one of my co-workers came up to me and asked again how big my fibroid was and then said "Well, I sure hope that's ALL that's wrong with you"!! My heart jumped! Of course, we always think about it but we push it to the back of our minds. People aren't always very tactful in certain circumstances. I've been reading about women who have had Hysterectomy's and have successfully lost up to 20 pounds after the surgery so think positive. As for me, I am just looking forward to EATING! Haven't had an appetite in 3 months, probably because this fibroid is taking up all the room in my tummy! So rest and ice cream, here I go. I deserve it!
Unread 10-18-2003, 07:03 AM

PEOPLE ARE JUST IGNORANT!!!
I really think they are. this lady probally didnt realize what she said and thats ignorant!! Oh and P.S. MY BELLY IS HUGE!! I dont know why ..my jeans are tight and i feel gross! i do tybo everyday so i coudnt figure out why i was getting "fat"..until i read some post. i certainly hope it goes away after the surgery..good luck
xoxox-
scotty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register