Two more days at work til surgery... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two more days at work til surgery... Two more days at work til surgery...

Unread 11-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Two more days at work til surgery...

I'm on medical leave starting this Thursday (surgery date) and I knew that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week were going to be really hard because of one of my bosses. I like working for him and we have a great relationship; however, he doesn't like it when I'm out of the office and someone has to fill in for me. He's on of these people who thinks that I'm the only one who can do his work. Trust me, ladies, this is all in his head. I am not indispensible!

When I left Friday at 5:00 he said that next week was going to be really crazy because he had all of this work he wanted me to get finished before I leave. I had to call in sick today because I have a really bad sinus infection. I went to the doc-in-the-box on Saturday morning and got some antibiotics, but I'm still feeling bad and I had a fever this morning when I woke up. (I've since talked to one of the surgical nurses and also to my doctor who told me that as long as I'm not congested that my surgery will go forward.)

Anyway, so I wasn't at work today. That leaves me only Tuesday and Wednesday to get all of my work finished. I am really stressing out about this. I feel bad enough that I am taking short-term medical leave. Plus the fact that I have all of this unfinished stuff at home to do. Still need to go grocery shopping, do last minute cleaning, pay online bills, etc. I have a feeling that tomorrow and Wednesday I'm going to be so swamped at work and worried and nervous about my surgery at the same time that I'm going to have a major meltdown. Now I'm thinking it might have been a good idea to take the day before my surgery off but it's too late for that now.

I'm just dreading going to work tomorrow. One of my friends is supposed to take me out for lunch and I probably won't get to do that because my boss will insist that I work through my lunch. On Wednesday, another group of friends was taking me out to lunch and I probably won't get to do that either.

I'm sorry if this sounds really, really stupid, but I'm just so stressed out right now that little things like having to work through my lunch both days and work like a madman from the time I get to work until the time I go home is just going to drive me absolutely over the edge!

Thanks for listening! I just had to vent!:cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2004, 10:29 PM

I am a boss and listening to you tells me that you are really a special person. To be that concerned on how your boss is going to feel tells me alot about you. I have been in this position for 25years and pride myself on that fact I can see alot about a person. Don't worry, your boss will manage just fine and when you do recover and come back to work he will be just as grateful to have you back as before you left. The last thing you should be worrying about right now is work. Concentrate on yourself, relax, and get better for your BIG day! I could only wish for a great employee as you. LOL, Karen
Unread 11-16-2004, 07:37 AM

I'm sending lots of good wishes to you. You really do sound like a great person.

Now, that said, it's really not a good idea to be skipping lunch so close to your surgery. You need to keep up your strength and stay as healthy as possible. Since you're already on meds and running a bit of temp - please be careful! Even if you can't take a lunch break - eat something.

Do what you can do and leave the rest - both at work and at home. You're only a "human bean" after all You'll be surprised at what others can do when they have to.

Best wishes.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register