Trouble getting motivated!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trouble getting motivated!!! Trouble getting motivated!!!

Unread 03-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Trouble getting motivated!!!

Hi! I wonder if anyone else is having trouble getting motivated to return to normal work activities.

I am a graduate student and am enrolled in a class that is only offered in the Spring - i.e now. Only problem is that it requires SO MUCH written work. I worked really hard before the surgery - 25 page written comprehensive exam, three 5 page papers and one 5 page book report. Then, I had surgery and luckily only had to miss one class because we only meet once a week and we had a canceled class then Spring Break. Here's my problem. I am supposed to be writing two more 5 page papers, one 10 page research paper, one group project and one take home written exam and I DON'T WANT TO! I am sitting here writing this post instead and have been shopping all week pretending it will all go away.

I was SO motivated before surgery now I JUST DON"T CARE. Has this feeling hit anyone else? I feel a little crazy!

Thanks for letting me rant and rave!

Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2006, 11:09 AM

ooooooohhhhh yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. i was a total spaz before this surgery. i have 2 jobs, 2 kids, 2hairy-shedding dogs, and a less than tidy husband. at first, i worried about these people and things that i wasn't taking care of. i really am not anymore. i don't want to do it. i have psoriasis, and am supposed to put a cream on my skin 2 times a day, after i shower. i haven't done that in 8 days. i shower every other day. i need to scoop the dog poop, get the mail, pay bills, balance our check book, do our taxes, go to kmart. ughhh. i really don't want to do anything. i feel like i had a labotomy. i have even been putting off creating a post about this same issue. pathetic. i am glad that you did it for me. i hope i get myself back soon. writing all of this stuff down has been kindof motivating. in a scare tactic kind of way. jeeze! i gotta go! maybe i will take a nap and really tackle things then. ha! LOL! seriously, if anyone know how to pull yourself out of a laziness funk, please let us know! heather
Unread 03-23-2006, 11:34 AM

Thanks for responding so quickly! See here I am still reading posts instead of working. Oh well, I did work for 30 minutes. I think I will set small daily goals for myself and see if that helps. This is awful, my 10 year old DS might learn to procrastinate if I don't stop this.

WHAAAAAA
Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2006, 12:09 PM

I should be doing college work too. When i found out i was having my op i thought great 6 weeks off i`ll get so much work done i`ll be ahead. Here i am nearly 8 weeks later and my college bag is lying in the corner covered in dust! Unlike you ive still got 18 months to complete the work so im not stressing too much.
Getting motivated is a killer though. I waited until i was absulutly sure i was able and then i started to just do it. If you know what i mean. Like taking the dog out i would say oh in half an hour, then it would be another half an hour and before i knew it i hadnt taken her out at all. Now the minute the thought comes into my mind i just do it. Dont get me wrong its hard going but i feel so much better when ive done it.
Dont know if this has been any help but i wish you well and stay positive and strong. Angela xx
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:14 PM

I know you are right - I should just start! Then I will feel better about it and can say I did it. I can't WAIT until this semester is over on APRIL 24!!!!! Then, one more class this summer to graduate. (Hope I can make it - I really wonder at this point)

Oh well... thanks again for letting me vent!
Meg
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:15 PM

I was asking my friends who've had hysterectomy's the same exact question. I have absolutely no concentration level at all. I can't seem to stay focused on one thing for more than about 10 minutes. They all said it was normal and that they had all been the same way. No one really knew why other than that every time they had had surgery their bodies did the same thing. I guess that's why alot of posts here say to take magazines to the hospital and not long books! I'm assuming I'll get motivated eventually, but good luck to you having to write papers! I feel for ya!
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:23 PM

I wonder if part of the problem is how much time (2 years) I spent focusing on the surgery and nothing past that. It consumed all of my thougts with dread and worry. I didn't put much thought into life after surgery. Now that life after surgery is here, I don't know what to do with myself.

Just a thought...
Meg

P.S. I'm going to start writing tonight. I promise...
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:49 PM

Me Too! I took me until 1:00 to go to Target. I kept putting it off. However, my daughter needed throat drops so she went with me. I can't stand the feeling but it is hard to get over.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register