Anyone experience this? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone experience this? Anyone experience this?

Unread 01-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Anyone experience this?

Every since I've had my TAH on 1/8, I get about 4-5 hours a sleep. I night doze off during the day and quickly snap out of it like I was in a daze after 15 mins. Then no matter what time I fall asleep I wake up every morning at 3AM, go back to sleep and wake up at 5.

I have this nagging cough that won't go away, I cough up something but its clear. It feels like heck when I cough.

On Sunday I started bleeding vaginally, I called the doc and he said that bleeding was normal after having a hyst. Told me to lay in bed with feet up and relax, ok this morning at 5AM, I am bleeding like I am on my period. DH rushes me to the ER, they do a vaginal check and blood count and say I am fine. I realize that my period comes on the 14th and I am thinking can't be.

BM still not regular. I had one before leaving the hospital on Wed, after having a suppository. Had one on Fri, after eating spinach, taking a stool softener and prunes, had one this morning. Gas not bad still passing through.

After sitting for a little bit feels like something pulling in my stomach.

I don't have much pain at all except when I lay on my right side. I guess I have a long ways to go yet. On the bright side I am really enjoying all the pampering that I am getting from dh, dd's and family and friends. Gotta go lay down now, starting to feel pressure sitting up.

Gdiam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Anyone experience this?

I can tell you that I havfe not been able to go to sleep before 1 or 130 since my surgery and sleep maybe 2 hours and wake up, sleep again for a little while. This morning I turned everything off at 130 and woke up at again at 345 and could not go back to sleep unil after 5am. fitful sleep unil I got up at 11. They say it is not uncommon but I hope it gets better with time as I only have 1-1/2 weeks before I hope I can go back to work. When I sit up to long I feel crampy and like someone is pulling my right incision from the inside. I have had very little discharge since my surgery but am glad you went to the ER and all was ok. I have been eating as much greens as possible and bran along with the softners and I am now pretty regular. in there girl!
Unread 01-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone experience this?

I have the same problem with sleep. I'm up until 1 am I wake up around 3 or 4 for now reason and back to sleep til I wake up at 7am. The wierd part is that I'm not even tired during the day. Pre-op I could go to bed by 9pm and up at 6am. Maybe my body doesn't need as much sleep now. That'll be good when I can utilize the extra time to do more things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Anyone experience this?

Well I'm 7 weeks out and I still can't sleep through the night. Never had a problem before. Maybe it's the hormones.
Unread 01-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Anyone experience this?

My sleep was messed up for weeks. It seemed to settle down about 9 or 10 weeks after. I still take OTC sleep aid and melatonin. Now that I can sleep I need so much. I can sleep 12 hours no problem!

Hang in there. I will get better!
Unread 01-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Anyone experience this?

I had my T.A.H on August 1st and still can't sleep at all. I wake up every hour exactly ay the same time. I am wondering when this will go away? I had problems sleeping before but I could take a pill and go to sleep. Now even the strongest pill won't help. I am on horompne pills(enjuvia) that is sopposed to help regulate the horomones.
Unread 01-16-2007, 08:59 PM
Anyone experience this?

Gdiam,
I know some other ladies on here had some bleeding afterwards, but if you are bleeding a bunch and you have a nagging cough maybe you should ask the doc to run some blood tests for infection if they didn't already in the ER. Or possibly a urine sample. I had a double infection 2 months post op my endometrial ablation and I didn't have a fever. I had been telling her since my 3 week visit that something was wrong, but she didn't check it until then. Something to keep in mind. Hope you feel better soon. Sleep is my problem since this surgery too. UGH!!!
Tara
Unread 01-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Anyone experience this?

I am so glad i am reading these bc i thoought i was going crazy but its obvious that i am pert of a large group of women who aren't sleeping, experiencincing leg cramps and trying so hard not to do anything!
Unread 01-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Anyone experience this?

Thank you all. I've had surgeries before and don't remember having sleeping problems. Even when I take my pain meds (vicodin) I don't fall asleep. I sure do hope it gets better before I have to go back to work. I have to be a work at 5AM and work 10 hours a day, so I pray that it all works out. I think I might have sometime of chest infection. This morning I could hear rattling in my chest and when I coughed it up it was yellow. I am so happy I had a BM this morning all by myself, I didn't take anything, woo hoo
Unread 01-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Anyone experience this?

Yellow and rattling is not good. Get yourself into the doc girl. You could ask them to switch you from Vicodin to Lortabs. I slept really well on the Lortabs and then they switched me to Vicodin and I couldn't sleep anymore.
Hope you feel better soon.
Tara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register