Vaginal hyst. needed, please help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal hyst. needed, please help! Vaginal hyst. needed, please help!

Unread 06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Vaginal hyst. needed, please help!

I just went to a new doctor and she told me at my annual that I needed to have my uterus removed cause it is falling down. I haven't had any symptoms other than heavy periods which I've had my whole life so I'm used to it so I'm wondering if she is just trying to get my money. I have no insurance so of course she wants me to get a hysterectomy. I am going to another doctor for a second opinion. Can you still need a hysterectomy without symptoms? Will my uterus REALLY fall out? What happens if I don't get one right away, will the symptoms show up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2007, 07:38 PM

Hello, my problems were not uterine problems, but maybe someone will come along soon and try to help you address your question. My sense is that your question will be answered more by those who have had uterine issues. I can say that I had no symptoms for the problems that revealed themselves only as a result of testing. If you don't trust your doctor -- and it sounds as if you do not -- perhaps try to find someone you might feel more trusting of? Best wishes to you. I hope someone comes along soon to talk with you about this.
Unread 06-21-2007, 06:16 AM

I had a TVH on 9/5/06. I had a prolapsed uterus for at least 5 years. Heavy bleeding, clots, and a strange feeling once in a while. I felt like I had a tampon in, but not all the way. No pain. After the bleeding got much worse, it turned out that I had fibroids too.

I could've gone without surgery longer, but the bleeding was too much to deal with and I was anemic too.

I went to three docs before I found one I was comfortable with. He's great!

Maybe your next appointment will help.

I hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2007, 07:16 AM

Hi Diane
Welcome to Hystersisters! Depending on the severity of the prolapse, yes your uterus can fall out. There is a section in Resources here on Prolapse . You will find a lot of information and some sites with pictures if you would like to see what can happen if this is let go.

I think getting another opinion is a wise idea. When you go, be sure to ask how severe your problem is and what the risks are of doing nothing right now. If you're not having symptoms right now maybe you can wait until you are more prepared. There are symptoms associated with this. If you were experiencing them I think you wouldn't want to wait. I hope you find a dr you feel you can trust. Let us know what you find out.
's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register