6 months post op and extremely tired | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post op and extremely tired 6 months post op and extremely tired

Unread 10-17-2007, 09:08 AM
6 months post op and extremely tired

I am just 6 months post op-TAH and I am totally exhausted. Is anyone else having this issue? I guess I should mention that my husband has been away on a patrol for the last 10 weeks and I am dealing with a 15 year old son and working full time without a break. I am just tired beyond description.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 09:27 AM

It sounds like you are overdoing it but I expect that you know that. It's time to climb off the treadmill and find some time for yourself. You are still in recovery from major surgery. Your body needs time to recover both physically and emotionally. Your fifteen year old son could be helping with the chores now to allow you to rest up and sleep. If you still have some physical issues to sort out with your ob/gyn now would be the best time to do it. Try to cut down on work too if you can. I'm eight months out from TAH and still feel extremely tired at times. With all the stress that you have been under recently you can afford to pamper the princess. Love and hugs Bagpuss.
Unread 10-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Hope You Feel Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers41
I am just 6 months post op-TAH and I am totally exhausted. Is anyone else having this issue? I guess I should mention that my husband has been away on a patrol for the last 10 weeks and I am dealing with a 15 year old son and working full time without a break. I am just tired beyond description.
I am going through the same thing. I feel like My body is
so tired. I will be glad when my strength comex back and I
I that you get yours back as well. Please take care of your-
self. Keep me posted.

Creshaunda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2007, 01:34 PM

Dear Sunflowers41,

I am not quite 4 months post op but I am starting to get frustrated with the fatigue too! I was starting to feel less tired for a little bit and then wham. Like you it is an undescribable tired. I was just telling my dh last night that I am so tired of being tired. It is just so different than the usual boy I had a long day and Im wiped out. I feel like I did pre-op again when I was very anemic. I go to bed tired and wake up tired. Ughhh. I know they say it takes 6 months to a year to really feel better so I hope that is true. I feel so much better pain wise but this fatigue is frustrating. So I feel for you also. Is there anyone out there past the 6month - 1 year mark that has all their energy back?

I hope you feel better soon Sunflower!
Unread 10-17-2007, 02:52 PM

I hope you can get some good time for you and to rest. its a hard recovery specialy when hubbys does away .. rest up
hugs
lisa
Unread 10-24-2007, 04:50 PM

I am almost 6 months post op (complete hysterectomy) and thought I had been doing pretty good. Am feeling quite of bit of irriation in my incision area. My breasts are sore too. If I had ovaries, I swear I am ovulating, but...not the case..I am also very tired and tired of being tired...Hope it gets better!
Unread 10-24-2007, 07:26 PM

Ladies,
I am SOO relieved to read your posts regarding extreme fatigue! I was feelin guilty, because after working a full day I am exhausted. Following surgery May 3rd, and staying totally inactive for four weeks, I started back to work gradually for two weeks in June, took three summer school classes, and returned full time to work in July. Needless to say, I don't know how I got through the summer. But now? I am just tired of being tired. AND, I'm gaining weight from all of the inactivity. Tried getting back into my exercise program and could not handle the treadmill. I hurt so bad I was on Alieve for two days and felt like grabbing the leftover Percaset.

This website is a Godsend. Now I realize I'm just trying to rush the healing process and reclaim my Superwoman tiara.

Cheb
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:20 PM

I am at the 9 month mark and getting better with the tiredness, but do still have it. It is just such a slow process. I teach, and last spring, I could barely get through a day and would come home and sleep/rest for the rest of the day and evening. Then, summer vacation came, and I never slept so much in my life!!! This fall I would work, and come home and take an hour nap every day. Now, I can get through the week pretty well, but have to have at least one nap a week...two would be ideal. Like I said, it's progress, but, man, is it ever slow.

I also am getting tired of not being able to exercise...I can't even walk without hurting as a result. Chebbie, I could so relate to your treadmill experience. I exercise, and then I give it up for awhile because it is too much. This week I walked twice, and had a swollen achy belly. So, I will stop until things settle down, and then try again. It really is such slow progress, but at least it's progress.

I too am wondering about anyone who has all their energy back. It will all come back, won't it???
Unread 10-26-2007, 06:31 AM

are you taking a multivitamin with iron? i also like green tea capsules...i have not been sick in years since i started taking them.
one thing i would suggest is having your thyroid checked. hypothyroidism can make you feel really run down and from what i've read, can be common after a hysterectomy.
i hope you all feel better soon.
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:02 PM

Haha! I came back to this site because I am having the ups and downs with energy after 3 months. And here I thought I was superwoman and I would be ALL BETTER by now.

Rom your posts I see that was a little ambitious. Now I can say to myself... Self - you need to pace yourself and take rest breaks and not feel guilty.

Thank you everyone!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register