Cyst Removal Surgery post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cyst Removal Surgery post op Cyst Removal Surgery post op

Unread 12-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Cyst Removal Surgery post op

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes: I had problems with pain after my hysterectomy (oct 04) which was done through an old c-section scar. I was diagnosed with spastic colon, IBS, and later ovarian cysts. I went back to the doctor who did the hysterectomy and had an ultrasound done. He said the pain was most likely from the huge cyst that was now covering my left ovary. He started with a laproscoptomy to remove the cysts and nicked my bladder. I had pain all during the recovery which the doctor assured me would go away. The pain never went away and now my new doctor says I have cysts on both my ovaries and need to have them both taken out. I am told that this may not solve my pain issues totally due to scar tissue problems and so-forth. I am miserable all of the time. I can't eat any dairy products or drink caffeinated soda. I take pain relievers which sometimes help a little, most times not. The pain is a sharp, sometimes throbbing, sometimes just soreness in my left side. Anyone have any pain relief suggestions? I have lost weight (not complaining at all!!!) but I would prefer to not feel so crappy all the time. I don't want to go through anymore surgeries. I'm still paying for the one from 08 although I had good insurance at the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Re: Cyst Removal Surgery post op

You may want to ask your doctor about a pelvic floor physical therapist. It may be an option that will help you. I've had a physical therapist helping me with my scar tissue. I'm in the midst of some other/unrelated complication but it is helping me with the scar tissue a lot. Maybe google it and see if it could apply to you.

Take care,

Unread 12-02-2009, 11:09 PM

What type of IBS do you have?
diarrhea-predominant (IBS-D),
constipation-predominant (IBS-C)
or IBS with alternating stool pattern (IBS-A or pain-predominant)

I am also not sure what type of pain you are trying to resolve?
Removing your ovaries of course will prevent any more cyst pain however is unlikely to resolve your IBS issues ... although as a long time IBS sufferer I have recently discovered my past fibroid and recent TAH has possibley affected my type of IBS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2009, 06:19 AM

WOW, you have a time, I am sorry you are still feeling yucky and in pain. It took me about 2-3 yrs for someone to finally diagnois my IBS, man, I was in misery, and all that money wasted on test and such....makes me really angry that they just blow people off, when we are telling them how bad we feel. Anyhoe, sorry, got off sub...I don't know what types of med you are on for IBS or anything else, but I dicyclomine, 20 mg...four times a day, and it has worked perfectly. I still get a little nausea sometimes, I take a generic antacid...priloscec or previcid...that works really well also. The doc I go to is on the same thing..he sd it is normally the most effect drug for IBS.
On the pain topic, don't really have any suggestions, just hopes that you get things straighted out very soon. Keep on, and if you don't agree or feel like things are right..keep searching, we have to stand up for our health these days! Best of luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register