da Vinci surgery - 1 day post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

da Vinci surgery - 1 day post op da Vinci surgery - 1 day post op

Unread 06-22-2013, 07:42 PM
da Vinci surgery - 1 day post op

Yesterday was the big day. My surgery check-in time was 6:45 a.m. My husband arrived and were taken to the induction area. Once there I was asked if I had taken any of my regular medications. I told them that I had taken Metformin at 5:00 a.m. Apparently there was some miscommunication between my anesthia pre op consult. I should not have taken the Metformin. After the dr went over the risks of taking Metformin and then having surgery I was bumped to late afternoon surgery. My husband and I went to my room and were able to take a nap. At 1:00 the nurse came for me and we headed back to the induction room. My surgery was less than 2 hrs and that is having ovaries, tubes, uterus and cervix removed. My procedure was at a hospital in Seattle, WA. I had the best experience there. My doctor is a wonderful lady who even took time out of her weekend to see me this morning before I was discharged. I am surprised how well I am feeling. Of course, the pain meds help immensely, but I am able to get up and walk around the house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2013, 07:56 AM
Re: da Vinci surgery - 1 day post op

Happy to hear you are doing so well. I am nearly 3 weeks post daVinci and doing great. Recovery is easier I think as long as you take it easy and let yourself heal. Remember to walk a bit. Drink fluids. Rest. Keep up the good work and you will have a speedy recovery.
I also found if I took the pain medicine I felt better. I didn't try to be heroic and tough it out.
Good luck!!
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:06 PM

I was born at that hospital!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2013, 02:36 PM

Happy to hear that you had a successful surgery!! I pray that you have an even more successful recovery. Happy healing

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 06-23-2013, 04:20 PM

Glad to hear everything went smoothly for you!! I am wishing you a quick and healthy recovery!
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Congratulations on your post-op recovery so far and since HUGS seems to be the word of the day I send them to you too.
I am three days post DaVinci and also doing well. The Dr told me not to tough it out and to schedule the pain medication even if I didn't think I needed it. I think this has helped me to walk the driveway to the mailbox and up and down the halls of the house. My question is did anyone say when the gas/bloating will end? Do you alos have this? Keep on recovering well
Unread 06-24-2013, 10:35 AM

Thank you all for the words of encouragement. Things are still going well. I am anxiously waiting for my first bm. Thank goodness for grandmas, nieces and aunties to take care of the kids.
Unread 06-24-2013, 11:00 AM

Wow your doing great! .....can't believe your surgery was so quick....I had ovaries, uterus with a 6 in fibroid and endometriosis done.....took 4 hours!
Unread 06-24-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenish75 View Post
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. Things are still going well. I am anxiously waiting for my first bm. Thank goodness for grandmas, nieces and aunties to take care of the kids.
Having family around sure helps a lot! As far as BM
1. prunes/prune juice
2. lots of water helps
3. even walking a small lap around the living room when I got up to pee helped move things a bit.
4. my doc sent me home on colace and senna... that helped too

Speedy Recovery wishes for you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register