Stitches coing out of skin! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stitches coing out of skin! Stitches coing out of skin!

Unread 10-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Stitches coing out of skin!

So my stitches that are suppose to dissolve are coming out of my incision areas. One just underneath my skin and the other poking out just a bit. Any ways to get them out quicker without doing damage. Doc said this is normal for some. Nurse said moist heat. They have been there for several weeks now!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Re: Stitches coing out of skin!

I had a stitch sticking out at the end of a couple of my incisions (DVH). They were a nuisance as the scabs and glue started wearing off and they rubbed on my clothes a little. They finally decided to fall off over last weekend, after 5 and a half week!. At my 6 week post op yesterday, Doc said they looked good. I did not do anything more than just wash my stomach gently with hands and soap only and patted dry.
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:19 PM

I had that after my lap. Gallbladder removal. Put a bandaid over it if it is catching on your clothes. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2013, 03:31 AM

I asked my dr at my 2 week follow up because one was sticking out and catching on clothes, and he said I could trim it with a clean pair of nail scissors. By 5 weeks it had ones sticking out of 4 of my 6 incisions, and when I gently pulled on them to trim them they came out. They had dissolved internally, but the pieces sticking out were just hanging around. Check with your doc if you can trim them down.

Liz
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:00 PM

Actually, mine have just now come off....at 5 1/2 weeks. Also have seen several on toilet tissue recently...I also had a little pinkish vaginal drainage at that time. I just left everything alone and let nature take care of them....I do wish the doc would have warned me about them coming from the vagina on the paper....Thank goodness of HysterSisters!!
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:43 PM

Please don't tug on them. I did that with one stitch and gave myself a nice little infection. Let the doctor snip them off with sterile scissors if they bother you, otherwise, keep them covered so they don't catch on your clothes and wait till they fall off on their own. It can take up to two months depending on what sutures were used.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register