Belly pillow & book | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly pillow & book Belly pillow & book

Unread 05-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Belly pillow & book

I was wondering if anyone has read the hyser book on here and if yall liked it. I'm wanting to order it. And what is the Belly pillow. Should I order that too. Thanks in advance for all your replies.
Gina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2002, 01:53 PM
Belly pillow & book

I havent read the book........ as for a pillow........... you bet! I have my own that I use and I dont get up to walk anywhere without it.

It makes things so much better!! I hold it against tummy when I got to bathroom. NOT that to do other wise is painful........ it is just sore without it being there to press on against tummy.
take care
xo DonnaFay
Unread 05-04-2002, 02:11 PM
Pillow

I don't know about the book either - I was wondering myself! But as for the pillow it definitely comes in handy to have one available at all times. I recall early after my surgery I would be in a panic when I could feel a sneeze coming on and didn't have a pillow to protect my incision area! I learned how to sneeze 'quietly' and find a solid area like cabinet or side of the bed to press my abdomen against while I sneezed. I'm not sure that quiet sneezes are good for other areas of my body i.e. ears but it helped at the time.

I must admit though, a quiet sneeze just isn't as gratifying as one of those loud sneezes that shakes the house and scares the heck out of everyone in the house - including the pets!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2002, 03:58 PM
Belly pillow & book

curious......how big is the belly pillow?

& BTW, kab......you should hear my hubster sneeze - HELLO!?!?

Unread 05-04-2002, 04:22 PM
I have both

I bought both the book and the pillow. I am not having my surgery until the 28th of May but I swear I have been buying everything I read about on here. Paranoid, losing my mind? You bet!

I liked the book. It was funny. You really got a feel for the the lingo on here with castle and princesses. Like the pillow. I am having my daughter cover it in something colorful (sort of like a mini-mother's day gift). I know you didn't ask about the gown but it's really cute with pamper the princess on it. Bought that too. My DH might kill me when he finds out everything I buying for this surgery if the surgery itself doesn't kill me.
Unread 05-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Book

The book is great.. but it does have the same info in it that is contained on this website.. it is like having the website portable. I read it in 2 days and plan on reading it again after my hyst. As far as the pillow.. I didn't get that.. instead I got a stuffed animal that seems like it will work pretty well and make me happy at the same time. Hope that helps!
Unread 05-04-2002, 06:05 PM
Book

I bought the book and while I did like it, it is the same information taken from this website.l So you could just read all the posts and stories and get the same information.

I'm making my own tummy pillow. I bought a pink ladies tube top of very soft cloth and pillow stuffing material. I'm planning to just stuff the pillow and sew up the top and the bottom of the tube. It will be about the size of a travel pillow. (That's one of my stay-busy, keep-my-mind-off-everything projects.)

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register