Anyone Else With My Problem? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Else With My Problem? Anyone Else With My Problem?

Unread 10-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Anyone Else With My Problem?

Here I am again but going in a totally different direction than I did earlier. Does anyone else have a large non-cancerous mass on one ovary? Only sympton I have is post-menopausal bleeding - not all the time, two weeks on, two off - so far. I have a family history of breast cancer and I know a hyster. will help make my odds less of getting it than they would be before the surgery but I'm a total basket case concerning surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Janey One Note

I have NO symptoms other than abnormal cervical and uterine cells. I am scheduled for a LAVH on Oct. 30th and feel I've researched and accepted and balanced my decision and yet...every so often I say but I have no symptoms like bleeding and cramping so...I am nutz one minute, intelligent and serene the next and yet 3 gyn-uncologists recommend a HYST. I need HysterSisters, I need lady friends. MargieClare
Unread 10-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Yes, Smokey1

Yes Smokey1, I too have a large mass on at least one ovary, and I bled from May 14 through July 31. I'm waiting on the results of a biopsy taken on Sept 29 (any day now).

I know I'm having an LAVH, but the exact date must wait until my insurance approves. That too is due any day, so I'm trying to be patient.

I don't know about you, but I'm in constant pain, about the equivalent of 7 on the pain scale on average. They've got me on Lortab, and I'm ordered to keep my weight off my pelvis as much as possible. I admit, there are some times when I'd happily put a gun to my belly for a few minutes of relief. Good thing I don't own a gun, huh?

I've had a laparoscopy before when my gall bladder was removed, so I know if I endure now, true relief is on the way. Admittedly, it's hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2006, 11:02 PM

I have a few large masses on one and another growing on the other one. (And I have pictures to prove it!)- yes it grosses everyone out. But sure feels good to finally see what all this "can't find anything wrong with you the pain is in your head" is all about. :-) I'm having a TAH/BSO and can't be more excited. (well beginning to get scared because it's next week), but still happy. I've not had bleeding, but severe pain. In fact recently was told I'm not hormonal, just not recognizing how much pain I'm in. So was told to take pain meds. I'm taking the attitude my weight lifting coach always gave me. "No pain, No gain". A little surgical pain, a whole lot of pain free nights ahead plus an 8 week paid vacation from work! :-)

Take care, this is a good group of ladies to lean on and help you feel good about yourself and your decisions.

cystRmore
Unread 10-10-2006, 08:46 AM

Thank you all for your replies, I'm touched by your kindess in answering me . I have absolutely NO pain. Had a bunch of tests done, no cancer, no abnormal cells - nothing but the mass(not a cyst) on one ovary and the post-menopausal bleeding. My heart goes out to those of you in pain - sending optimism and all good thoughts your way.
Unread 10-10-2006, 09:42 PM

I'm going in the 12th TAH BSO (unless I can flip flop again and keep the other ovary if healthy). I had no major pain issues, nothing I figured was anything more than just not eating right. Then one day, I had a bit more severe pain (still nothing compared to what it sounds like a lot of the women here have been going through for years), but I ended up passing out. I was referred to the ER from an urgent care center, and it was there the CT and Ultrasound discovered this ovarian mass bigger than my uterus! Color me shocked. I knew I had fibroids, uterus is enlarged, but they weren't causing me any issues. It's the ovarian mass prompting my surgery.

My doc didn't want to risk going in only for a biopsy, I guess, thinking the cancer cells (if any) could be spread that way. So I don't know whether it's cancer or not. Yet.

So I'll be losing a uterus the size of a 12 week pregnancy and a tumor slightly larger than that (about 12cm x 11cm x 8cm according to ultrasound). But will I have a smaller tummy afterward? Not with this swelly belly I keep hearing about. Just my luck!

I imagine it's a whole different set of emotions for those of us who are/were relatively asympomatic. For us, it's not the end of years of pain. It's NOT a relief. It's not going to be an improvement in our quality of life (unless it is cancer and there's the issue of having a life to have any quality of.) Know what I mean?

Don't get me wrong. I'm quite happy for those who are actually looking forward to their hysterectomy because it will make things better for them.

I'm in a rather cranky mood right now, if you can't tell.
Unread 10-10-2006, 09:52 PM

Cranky moods allowed, sweetie. We're not hormonally balanced, right? (snerk) Sounds like a good excuse for bad behavior once in awhile to me.
Unread 10-11-2006, 05:08 AM

lucy-d,

The very,very best to you tomorrow ,hope your surgery is a huge success.

I truly appreciate your answering my post , but even though we both have "things that shouldn't be there", our problems are still not the same - I have/had ABSOLUTELY NO pain. If it weren't for the post-menopausal bleeding, I never would have gone to the doctor. I'm going to see her again at the end of next week - was in a daze last time I saw her. Sh's 99.9% sure that I don't have cancer,based on CA-125 blood test, biopsy,etc. So what in the world am I doing having surgery?????

Beside all the usual reasons to be upset(to put it mildly) about surgery, I'm really angry because my DH and I were planning a trip to Vegas in early December - we love it there, although we're far from high rollers.

My thoughts,all very good ones and prayers will be with you tomorrow. Just think, soon you'll be on the post-op board, telling us all how well your surgery went, what a good outcome there was and that you're having an easy,pain-free recovery.
Unread 10-11-2006, 08:24 AM

Thanks for the good wishes. And Vegas will be here when you're done.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register