6 Weeks and not healing correctly! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 Weeks and not healing correctly! 6 Weeks and not healing correctly!

Unread 03-05-2010, 09:42 AM
6 Weeks and not healing correctly!

Hello Everyone! Just went to my 6 week post-op appointment and was hoping I would get the "all clear" from my doc, but unfortunately that was not the case. He said I was not "healing correctly." I've been bleeding off and on since 2 weeks out. Last week it was bright red blood He said I have to wait at least another 2 weeks for sex, bathes, and exercise!! I go back in 2 weeks to see if it has gotten any better. What if it doesn't? What will he do? Just wondering if anyone has experienced this....I'm so frustrated. I feel okay except for the bleeding. I was really expecting him to say everything was good to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Re: 6 Weeks and not healing correctly!

So sorry to hear about your trouble... I am not at a 6 week point yet... Only 1 week today, but had complications so assume I won't get the all clear at 6 weeks either lol... Anyways, just wanted to send hugs your way... Hang in there.
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:40 AM

Freedomchild-Thanks for the well wishes , I hope you have a speedy recovery too. I guess because I was feeling okay and I thought the bleeding was a normal part of recovery, he would give me a thumbs up. I didn't even ask him what he meant by "not healing correctly." I wish I had asked more questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2010, 10:43 AM

I had a TAH/BSO on Jan 25. I have been spotting bright red blood since the 2 week mark. I go to dr on wednesday for 6 week post op and I am expecting her to tell me I am not healed yet either. I am getting tired of dealing with the pads !!!
Unread 03-05-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnancy View Post
I had a TAH/BSO on Jan 25. I have been spotting bright red blood since the 2 week mark. I go to dr on wednesday for 6 week post op and I am expecting her to tell me I am not healed yet either. I am getting tired of dealing with the pads !!!
That is exactly what has been happening with me! I didn't spot at all the first 2 weeks, then at the 2 week mark it's been off an on ever since. I'm sick of wearing pads!!! Is there anything a doctor can do to stop the bleeding??
Unread 03-05-2010, 04:34 PM

I have been reading because I am soo sick of wearing pads too. Quite a few people said their dr had to use silver nitrate to help cauterize the vaginal cuff. It is done in the office so that is what I am hoping for. I love to exercise but I am not about to go for a 4 mile walk with a pad stuck between my legs. If she will let me use a tampon it would sure improve my life !
Unread 03-05-2010, 05:01 PM

Hi! I am only 3 1/2 weeks post op but I can relate. I had the laparoscopic daVinci robot procedure. I had pink spotting the first two weeks then red heavier spotting/bleeding started week 3. I have been to the doc several times including this morning. She examined me and said the cuff looks like its together. Then I had an internal ultrasound to tell them that there was no blood clot on the other side of the vaginal cuff and it looked good. Then she used the silver nitrate on the entire vaginal cuff to see if that helps with the bleeding. I'm sure hoping it does. We will see. Good luck to you and hang in there. I too am tired of bleeding and pads. I went and had surgery so I would NOT have to deal with those things.
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:45 PM

Sending lots of hugs. I hope that you feel better. I am now six months post op and having complications. It takes time to heal so try to just be patient. I know it can be a little discouraging when you hear that you are having a problem. I might try to call the doctor to find out what he meant. I'm sure they can explain it a little more. Good luck.
Unread 03-07-2010, 07:15 AM

Hi Roozlilone, I am due for my 6th week check up by Tuesday. If you happen to get more information from your doctor on what he meant by not healing correctly - do share with us.
Unread 03-07-2010, 09:10 AM

I don't have any experience in this area but I do hope you all the for the rest of recovery and I gets sorted. HUGS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register