I can't do this! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't do this! I can't do this!

Unread 10-14-2002, 06:38 PM
I can't do this!

Hi Brenda,:dance2:

It's nice to hear you had some quality time with your doctors and nurse. It looks like you are being well looked after. Just take one day at a time and never forget we are here for you.

You are not alone !!

Anna-Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2002, 06:55 PM
I can't do this!

Brenda,

That is great news that you were able to schedule all those appointments so quickly! Wonderful... you sound better already. Please post again with any questions you have or just to share how you are doing. We'll be here to provide support, any way we can! You're gonna make it. Just remember, millions of other women have made it through this surgery and some of them were probably more scared than you.

Hang in there!

Beth
Unread 10-14-2002, 10:38 PM
I can't do this!

Wonderful news. We're all pulling for you. Hang in just a little longer. Big, Big s for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2002, 05:05 AM
I can't do this!

Dear Brenda, Bless your heart! I too have put off my tah for quite some time. I was scheduled to have it done last summer (01) but ended up with thyroid cancer so the hyster was put on hold. I had 2 neck surgeries within 21 days, and I still have flashbacks of being in the OR. I was trying to get the courage up for September, but it's already October and I am sitting with with uterus in tact! Last months cramps were debilitating and woohoo can't wait to see what this month brings. I again, am shooting for first of the year, or at least by April. Then again, I may wait until after my daughter graduates from high school in June and her party is over. I am redoing a bedroom, getting a nice big bed, painting the walls, totally redecorating for my recovery. I sleep in a water bed now and just can't imagine trying to get in and out of that after surgery. It is not even scheduled but I have great anxiety now. I have many gf's who have done it, they say it's the best thing and wonder why they too waited so long. Good luck on Friday, all will be well, deep down I think we all know that too! God Bless you Brenda, Mari
Unread 10-15-2002, 01:00 PM
Thanks again

Thanks again everyone. I just found out an hour ago that they moved my date up even more....it's tommorrow. So, now I am trying to tie up all my last minute details. I had luckily just returned from a trip to the mall with my wonderful dad, who has been babysitting me since yesterday. (because of all the lovely anti anxiety meds) Anyways, at least have some new comfy, bigger size jammies, a new pair of slippers, big granny panties (man if they end up being too small I will really be upset!) and a new moisturizer just to pamper myself a little.
I will see you all on the other side. Wish me luck.
Unread 10-15-2002, 02:39 PM
I can't do this!

Brenda,

I went through the same thing. Actually canceled my surgery and then re-scheduled it. I even argued with the scheduling person at my Dr office because she wasn't doing things my way. I appoligized later, and she said she was used to it. That ladies are always stressed about such a big decision. But I knew it was best and I trusted my Dr.

I am 4 months post op and all is well. Surgery was easy! Heck, it was so easy I slept right through it Post op was not a piece of cake, but it was not awful. I was up in the shower the next morning and walking the halls by that afternoon. Just take it slow and steady and think ahead to how much better you will feel.

And now you don't have to worry for too much longer. Please let us all know how you have made out after you get home.

Caren
Unread 10-15-2002, 03:07 PM
I can't do this

Dear scared lady,
I was terrified the few days before surgery. I am now 11 days post-op and felt fine since the very first day! I feel better after this than I did after having each of my 3 children. I look back to the few days before the surgery and think of the wasted energy I used worrying. Adjusting to life as a punctured princess is not easy and I can see it gatting harder but physically I haven't felt so good in years. So here's hoping you are the same!! go for it.
Unread 10-15-2002, 03:10 PM
I can't do this

Dear brenda
I was terrified the few days before surgery. I am now 11 days post-op and felt fine since the very first day! I feel better after this than I did after having each of my 3 children. I look back to the few days before the surgery and think of the wasted energy I used worrying. Adjusting to life as a punctured princess is not easy and I can see it gatting harder but physically I haven't felt so good in years. So here's hoping you are the same!! go for it.
Unread 10-15-2002, 06:19 PM
I can't do this!

Good luck brendasie. Hope you have a good trip to the castle tomorrow. Enjoy being pampered and take it easy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register