I'm home from the castle! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home from the castle! I'm home from the castle!

Unread 07-27-2001, 09:25 AM
I'm home from the castle!

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let everyone know that my surgery was much easier than I imagined. I went in Tues. afternoon for a LAVH/BSO and gallbladder removal. The morphine pump was taken out Wed. and I only had one painpill Wed eve. I was going to go home Thurs morning but I . The nurses were concerned that I might have a blockage of some sort, so I had to stay until my stomach settled down and I passed lots of gas. I was dismissed at 9:00 Thurs night.

The gallbladder area hurts more than the hyst. The MD said that the gallbladder was stuck to my liver and he had to work hard to peel it off without damaging the liver.

I am going to be a good , shut off the computer, get a drink of water, and go back to my couch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2001, 10:00 AM
Glad you are feeling good

Hi Vicklynn

It was good to hear your visit to the castle went well. Sorry about the gall bladder. I have read other posts where people had gall bladder, appendix, etc. removed while they were in there, and I am sorry I did not opt for that.

It is a great idea to get that over with while you are there.

Take it easy, and rest, rest, rest. You won't mind at first, but later you will find that difficult as you begin to feel more like your self. I am almost 8 weeks post op and still am reminded to slow down-when I go for a walk, if I walk too quickly, I will get a pain in the front left side. Your body will let you know what you can and can't do for a few months.

Sue Rene
Unread 07-27-2001, 12:40 PM
I'm home from the castle!

Welcome home Vicklynn!!
Sounds like you did very well at the castle. You did great going in on Tuesday and home Thursday evening!

Sorry to hear you have the added pain of the gall bladder area.

You get lots of and take it easy. Now is the time to pamper the remember.
All the best!
Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2001, 01:04 PM
Many Happy Returns of the Day Vicklynn!

I'm glad to see you are home and doing well. It is great that you were able to make such good progress and go home so soon. Remember though, you are still healing on the inside, so be sure to take it easy awhile, after all, how often do we women get to obtain Queen status!

I have been home myself 6 days now. My experiences were more difficult than I expected. I wound up having to go back in yesterday to the doctor, I now have an infection of the incision site. I had an allergic reaction to the Steri-stips and the inflammation led to other problems. One thing I have learned though, some days are good and others are slow, and you just have to take the time to let your body heal as it will.

Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register