No bleeding means no healing ?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No bleeding means no healing ?? No bleeding means no healing ??

Unread 11-19-2012, 03:46 AM
No bleeding means no healing ??

Hi I'm 4 weeks and 4 days post op and have not had any bleeding , was told I shouldn't have any until a few few weeks in when I should expect to see the stitches dissolving - nothing for me ! Dies this mean as I haven't passed any that I'm not healing inside ?? Got my 6 week check Nxt week so will find out sure enough but as I've had no "problems" as such I will be really disappointed (hoping to get the ok for sex tbh ) I'm in good spirits and health otherwise .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Re: No bleeding means no healing ??

I never had any bleeding or spotting post op. Actually, if I passed any stitches I didn't see them.
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:04 AM

I have had no bleeding either since my surgery as well. I did see things in the toilet just last week that resembled stitches but no blood or pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2012, 05:02 AM

Like Catherine & Atblount, I had no bleeding or spotting. I had dissolving stitches so I never saw anything or noticed any that may have passed. It made me nervous in the beginning. I kept looking and expecting, but it never happened. Decided not to drive myself crazy looking for something to go wrong
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:09 AM

I've had nothing too and had a scan due to other concerns which showed that all is clear inside and no problems
Unread 11-19-2012, 05:09 AM

Sounds great girls , thanks a little reassurance goes along way , thanks x
Unread 11-19-2012, 09:54 AM

I never had any bleeding (other than immediately post surgery) or stitches pass, but I did have a about 4 or 5 days where I occasionally noticed a slight dark greyish color when I would wipe. It wasn't an alarming color and I assumed it was discoloration from the dissolving stitches, rather than the stitches themselves - as it was around the time most say them seemed to see their stitches.
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:54 AM

No bleeding here either. Just about 2 days with some light pinkish spots about week 3 and then nothing. Never saw any stitches either except the one in my above navel incision--the one where they put the camera. I'm not worrying about it; in fact, I'm glad since I would probably freak out even though as posted here most of it would be considered normal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register