Nearly there............ - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nearly there............ Nearly there............

Unread 05-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Nearly there............

Perhaps it is your body's way of coping with everything and if it didn't calm you down you would just go completely nuts!!

Still feeling quite calm and keep thinking I wish this was next Saturday and it was all over!!!

Love
Mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Nearly there............

Thursday 15th is my day!!

I have been soooooo busy trying to complete my Masters degree I have not had time to think about it. I handed in my paper last evening and know I realize I have so many thinkg I wanted to do before I go. So many of them seem so unimportant now. Spending time with people i love and taking car of myself are about all I will get to. I need to let go of the rest or I will be stressing out.

Life goes on with or without, hop on and enjoy the ride!!
Unread 05-10-2003, 04:24 PM
mixed emotions, but better than it was!

Hi girls,

I go in for TAH on Tues 13th, also. I can't believe how many of us are that day or the day before ! wow, let's have a PAR-TAY!!! LOL!!

Well I started out this venture feeling very sick about it, inside. Like, death feelings and bad nightmares, and just generally very nervous, weepy, all the rest. I drove my poor partner crazy!

I'm not quite "THERE" yet, but I have calmed down a lot. I've tried to distract myself, with work and with lists and things to do and buy....

and since the castle is 2 hours away, we are leaving Sunday to spend the night in the hotel, in order to be there first-thing Monday for pre-op, then we'll go back to the hotel so I can start the bowel prep. Which means Sunday and Sunday night is the last time we'll have quality time together. We have a romantic dinner alone planned, and then just us for the night. We were invited to see some friends, but opted out, and they will come visit me in the hospital when it's over anyway.

Today I took my Mom shopping, we did the nails thing (she has nails, these long nails at age 74!). I had a manicure and a pedicure, and it felt so great being pampered! I then shopped for some nice nightshirts/gowns to take with me. Bought 3 new ones! Not sure I will need them all in the castle, but I'll look adorable once I get home, in my new things. I deserved it!

Well, I wish all of the fear would go away, but the 'unknown' is still out there. I think I have good confidence in my Doc, and I have to trust that I will get the same good care he and his staff have always given me. I'm more worried about them starving me to death in the hospital after surgery! Auuuugggghhhhh!!! LOL!

Happy Healing to us all....love and big prayers for everyone who shares my same boat this week. Paddle on!!

Love,
Jen
Unread 05-11-2003, 05:25 PM
RE: Surgery and starving!

Jen -

I'm also worried about them starving me after the surgery! I have not clue why I'm so worried about that, but I've been dreaming about it! Crazy! The hospital staff assured me that I will be able to eat and that the food there is great. Guess we will see!

Sherry
Unread 05-11-2003, 09:24 PM
Nearly there............

As I read of so many of you going in to the castle on the 12th and 13th, it makes me think of the moon calendars, when it is optimum to plant root crops during one phase of the moon, and flowering plants during another moon phase. Just like digging a fence posthole, if you do it on the dark side of the moon you never have enough dirt to fill it back up.
Perhaps the 12th and 13th are simply optimum surgery dates. Let's hope so. May it be the right phase of the moon for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register