13 days post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

13 days post op 13 days post op

Unread 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
13 days post op

I feel like almost a new woman.
I have tired days,exhausted days and days I don't want to be near a bed. Today is a tired good day. I'm learning to do what every day tells me to do.

I think I feel the most relief because the root of everything that was making me feel horrible all the time is gone. I'm not worried about sex making my period start or come back. I'm no longer worried about having a hemorrhage while in public so no more days hiding home changing clothes three times a day. I'm happier than I have been in a long time today. I haven't had nearly any sex drive for years,it's back, and I missed it and I can't wait to use it.

My doctor says I'm doing amazing,I've been let out of the house and cleared to drive. No heavy lifting, no sex till march fifth.

I was surprised to hear my pathology reports. I knew my ovary had cysts. They were hemorrhagic cysts. Good riddance. Our big surprise was adenomyosis that explains the crippling pain and kill me now periods. Good riddance to you as well.

I asked my doctor when he was going to officially let me out of bed. He said he wanted me up and out as much as I could handle. Okay! I asked when I could drink carbonated drinks, and was cleared to do that too....so I did and turns out I didn't miss them.
He says to expect to be exhausted and tire easily, and there was nothing I could do about it. (I asked). So, I still say hello to my bed every afternoon for as long as my body says to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM
Re: 13 days post op

Do you have any discharge? That is my biggest complaint it's not alot. Usually just when I wipe tannish but if I'm up more pinkish then Im 2 weeks post op today
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM

Absolutely none. I asked my doctor,he said at this point I likely won't see any unless there is a tiny bit when my cuff stitches come out. He warned me not to freak out when I saw this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM

You are so lucky did you have uterus and cervix removed?
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM

Uterus,cervix and right ovary plus tube. I retained my left ovary since its trouble free.
I haven't felt this good in years.
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM

Did ur Dr. Say when cuff stitches usually come out?
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:04 PM

He said any time now. It's healing very well, and no signs of infection.
I heal very quickly from traumas. Not even close to 100% yet,but I'm feeling good.
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:16 AM

Awesome:-)
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:50 AM

Yesterday was my first no rest day. At the end of it I was tired in the good way that you know your day was productive.
I started my Seeds for my garden this spring,got my kitchen in shape and had a wonderful day.
Today I'm planning to get back to "work". I'm a seamstress,and I haven't sewn in almost a month.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register