want to share with ladies who experienced hip pain before or after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

want to share with ladies who experienced hip pain before or after hysterectomy want to share with ladies who experienced hip pain before or after hysterectomy

Unread 10-21-2013, 11:41 PM
want to share with ladies who experienced hip pain before or after hysterectomy

Hello,

I am scheduled for a dvh in about 2 weeks. I have had extreme, weakening, painful,...LRQ radiating to hip joint, buttock, groin and back of thigh for 5 months.. A bit of tingling, and slight muscle spasms, though not alot. I have NOT had my hysterectomy yet. I was hoping it would help with this pain.

My history is a R oophorecotmy and appendectomy removal in 2008. Sex was painful then, but still doable.

Since 2008 surgery, I didnt have sex alot , and didnt really have a BF. I could do cartwheels, and hike and swim though no issue at all.

Last year thought I noticed It was a bit more difficult to urinate, and if I walked for a long time, I got alot of central pelvic pressure. I also just couldnt wear a tampon anymore at all. I was told I had pelvic organ prolapse. I can see my cystocele right at the opening. and my cervix is about half an inch from the vaginal opening.

Well, I went to a uro gyne and they started treating me for tight or weakned pelvic floor by applying pressure internally in my vagina, and making me do hip rotations, all of this was to strengthen my pelvic floor, In the mean time I got a BF and started having sex.

Ever since then I have been in excruciating pain, unable to work, barely able to take care of the kids, house and dog.

Its been about 5-6 months of pain, somedays are now better than others, compared to the first 3 months I couldnt walk more than3 minutes. Now on a good day I can walk about 15-20 minutes.

My doc says I may have scar tissue that is causing this pain, and he thinks a dvh will help but he doesnt know if it will take away the pain. I am 45 and I was very active, This pain has got me down,

Has anyone any relevant experiences, I believe this is some kind of nerve damage, although I do not know what the cause of it is.

I am serioulsly wondering if a hysterectomy will help or hurt.

thank you for sharing if you have any kind of info or related experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Re: want to share with ladies who experienced hip pain before or after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lismorris View Post
...Well, I went to a uro gyne and they started treating me for tight or weakned pelvic floor by applying pressure internally in my vagina, and making me do hip rotations, ...Ever since then I have been in excruciating pain,...My doc says I may have scar tissue that is causing this pain, and he thinks a dvh will help but he doesnt know if it will take away the pain. I am 45 and I was very active, This pain has got me down,...
I don't know anything but I hope your hysterectomy does relieve the pain. Since the bad pain started after trying to treat a prolapse non surgically, I'd feel hopeful that surgery would help.

If it doesn't, if it were me I'd be changing doctors.
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Re: want to share with ladies who experienced hip pain before or after hysterectomy

My situation is much less complicated than yours. I had a 4" fibroid in the cervix. I started with difficulty urinating, and then eventually ended up where I couldn't pee at all. (Surprise hysterectomy!) After the surgery I notice an almost total absence of hip and tailbone area pain which I had almost constantly before surgery (which I thought was from too much dancing, but in hindsight was probably due to the fibroid pressure in someway.) So I guess I'm saying it is possible that it might make things better.... but who knows.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register