Visit From My Friend! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Visit From My Friend! Visit From My Friend!

Unread 01-29-2005, 03:22 PM
Visit From My Friend!

YEAH THATS RIGHT.......I HAVE SURGERY ON WED. FEB.2ND, AND GUESS WHAT?, HERES MY PERIOD. I HAVE TALKED TO A FEW PEOPLE I KNOW WHO SAYS IN DOESN'T MATTER. HAS ANYONE HAD A HYSTERECTOMY WHILE GOING?:cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2005, 03:34 PM
3am visitor

Hi,

Mine started 3am the day of my surgery. Miserable little demon just wanted to give me one last dose of pain for me to remember it by! It was the most painful period ever and I couldn't take anything because of the surgery.

My Dr. didn't seem to be bothered by it and went ahead with the surgery. Thank goodness, because I really needed it to be over and done with.

Best of luck to you ~ Hope
Unread 01-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Visit From My Friend!

I've got my period now, and will probably still be bleeding on Monday when I go in for surgery. My gyn said not to worry, it's absolutely no problem.

I also had my period when they did my hysteroscopy (I think I must have annoyed my uterus! ) and that was OK, too. The nurses arranged pads under me after I got into the gown and before they hooked me up to the IV, and I had another pad to put between my legs if I needed it when I got up to go to the bathroom. Hope that's not TMI! But the nurses seem able to cope.

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Visit From My Friend!

I was on my period when I went in for surgery & hadbeen for 2 wks before. I had called & asked the nurse what to do & she said just wear a pad into the hospital no tampon. At the hospital I was told to remove everything & put on the gown. When I told the nurse I was wearing a pad, she gave me some disposable hospital ones & a pad. Went into surgery that way & they took it off in the surgery room.

Good Luck!
Unread 01-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Visit From My Friend!

I'll be going for my surgery on Mon. and yep, I'll be having my period too. The old uterus and ovaries get one last hurrah!!!
Unread 01-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Visit From My Friend!

LOL, THANKS!
I COULDN'T STAND IT IF WERE DELAYED FOR ANY REASON.
I WAS THIS WAY WHEN I WENT IN FOR A D&C, TOLD THE NURSE.
PUT SHE STILLL REPLIED "TAKE IT ALL OFF ANYWAY" ,
AND I HAD TO WALK BACK THROUGH PRE-OP, AND THERE WAS EVEN MEN IN THERE!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register