Going back to work in 1 week! Ack! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going back to work in 1 week! Ack! Going back to work in 1 week! Ack!

Unread 12-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Going back to work in 1 week! Ack!

I was just checking my calendar and realized that I will be returning to the working world in a week. I don't think I'm ready yet. But I have no choice. I'm starting a brand new job. I was hired in November (before quitting my last job) and told them about my surgery and we agreed on a start date of January 2nd. I'm terrified because I still have little to no energy and the job I'm starting requires a lot of standing, lifting and ten hour days. I want to make a good first impression my first day on the job, but I'm worried I'm just going to give out and appear lazy. To put it mildly, I'm freaking out and don't know what I'm gonna do. I don't know if they will be understanding of my situation or just say "thanks but no thanks" and send me home if I can't perform the functions of the job. I did tell them when they hired me that I was looking for a desk job, and they told me I will be the shipping coordinator. I'm just so nervous and worried!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Re: Going back to work in 1 week! Ack!

Hopefully your first week there will be alot of paperwork and sitting etc and not the actual job.. I wonder if we are as tired as we are now from partly the surgery and partly just relaxing and maybe because we are in recover mode.. I hope it goes well...
Unread 12-25-2012, 05:09 PM

Thanks Kat. I think I'll try to let them know that I'm still not 100% and maybe they will be understanding. My BIL works there and he says it's a great place to work and that they are really understanding. Let's hope so. I'm just so worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2012, 05:12 PM

I totally understand... I think being honest at the get go with a positive outlook will help you tremendously. Good luck and congratulations!!

Kat
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:07 PM

Tell them right up front you are still recovering, and may have to ease in to your new job. The first 2 weeks will be exhausting. The first Friday night I slept for 13 hours! So try to get plenty of sleep each night. Drink plenty of water each day. Get up and move around each hour. eat healthy food for lunch. Bring a pillow or donut cushion to sit on, as it relieves some of the pressure. I also had another cushion in my cari in case I got stuck in traffic. You will get stronger but it takes time. do not do heavy lifting, ask others to help for a few more weeks. Start walking more each day now to build up your strength a bit. Hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register