Urinary issues post op 3 wks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Urinary issues post op 3 wks Urinary issues post op 3 wks

Unread 02-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Urinary issues post op 3 wks

Hi - I am back to work after 2 wks and i too notice this problem alongam having urinary issues . If i haven't. voided in a few hrs it gets so sore and the other night i slept the whole night (which doesnt happen that often) and when i woke up my lower abdomin hurt so bad from holding my urine all night. I have never had that problem before and wondering if it is common. I used to be able to hold my urine for many hr and now if i go maybe more than 2 or 3 the pain is unreal. Common? Meredith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Re: Urinary issues post op 3 wks

Meredith,
Have you been checked for an infection? I have had two UTI's since the surgery and had a lot of pain especially if I hadn't gone to the bathroom. It is common for the surgery to mess up your ph balance and get an infection. I would ask your doctor and let them know what is going on to make sure you don't have an infection or something else. Thinking of you in my prayers. I hope you feel better. Also AZO cranberry pills are really good for urinary problems-sold over the counter or you can drink cranberry juice. It helps with any infection. It may be due to your muscles recovering but let your doc know. Hope you feel better.
Unread 02-19-2010, 05:34 PM

I had this, but mine subsided in week 3. You might want to get checked. I only knew if I had to use the bathroom if my bladder was sore. I finally got the soreness to go away and the urge to urinate back in week 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2010, 05:56 PM

My first piece of feedback would be to rule out a UTI. That said, I experienced the same things minus a UTI, and I noticed that by week four, for the most part, the painful morning bladder has really subsided. It is now only if I have a 8 hour sleep (usually six hours of sleep now) or more that I experience the painful void.

I had to be reminded that our bladders were poked and prodded through this process and they are a bit agitated, particularly when a catheter is involved.

I hope that you do not have a UTI and that is just the cranky bladder that DOES go away. I am almost five weeks post op and I've only had a couple of little blips on the bladder radar! BE well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register