Complete vaginal hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Complete vaginal hysterectomy Complete vaginal hysterectomy

Unread 08-22-2014, 08:30 AM
Complete vaginal hysterectomy

Hi everyone I'm fairly new to all of this. August 12, 2014 I had a completely hysterectomy. I was instructed to start Lutera, Sunday 8/17/14. Is this medication ok? I'm still recovering. I think I'm having hot flashes? Can someone tell me how to know and be certain. I do know I've become more emotional. I'm only 32 yrs old, I'm just confused about a lot of things. Then on top of this I had a complete thyroidectomy back in 2009, and my level have been all over the place I just started levo. 200mcg. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just overwhelmed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Re: Complete vaginal hysterectomy

Not sure why the doctor gave you birth control to take.

Hot flashes can be brief or long. Natural menopause I would have flashes of heat then it went away. This surgical menopause I can feel my body, especially face, getting hot and can break out with sweat running down my face if I don't get to my fan soon enough.

For thyroid I can't wait until I can afford a naturopath so I can get back on Naturo throid vs synthetic.
Unread 08-22-2014, 07:07 PM
Re: Complete vaginal hysterectomy

Lulu81,
Sounds like we share the same procedure. First the night sweats started right away you will know. I woke up soaked this went for while. At mt two week post op my doc put me on hormone low dose. They seem help with sweats but yesterday I cried all day. I don't know why just did. I had my thyroid removed 5 years ago due to cancer. It took along time to get levels normal. The first thing I asked my doctor when said have to do a hystrorectomy was will this effect my levels. My gyno said no. I hope not , my weights been up and down since that surgery. Well I hope this helps and wish you a speedy recovery
Downing67🙏
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Complete vaginal hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downing67 View Post
Lulu81,
Sounds like we share the same procedure. First the night sweats started right away you will know. I woke up soaked this went for while. At mt two week post op my doc put me on hormone low dose. They seem help with sweats but yesterday I cried all day. I don't know why just did. I had my thyroid removed 5 years ago due to cancer. It took along time to get levels normal. The first thing I asked my doctor when said have to do a hystrorectomy was will this effect my levels. My gyno said no. I hope not , my weights been up and down since that surgery. Well I hope this helps and wish you a speedy recovery
Downing67🙏
Hello Ms. Downing67,
I don't like the way I feel with the hot flashes, but I did notice I also get cold I feel so silly wearing a long sweater around my home but to me it's cold. Then I get so hot. Now another thing I can't sleep at night. Last night was the 1st night I didn't sleep at all. I dint even feel tired. I also had cancer and then do to that followed my thyroidectomy. It's been a roller coaster to say the least. I also have had my emotional just out of no where. I cried a bit the day before yesterday. It's all such a challenge. Thank you for your response glad to hear it's bit just me. I hope the best wishes ur way 😊

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register