Panic attack, nervousness....blood work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panic attack, nervousness....blood work Panic attack, nervousness....blood work

Unread 12-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Panic attack, nervousness....blood work

I don't know why, but all of a sudden this morning I was hit with extreme nervousness (panic attack?), crying, etc. I felt this was before I had surgery and the doc said it was all in part due to my "female problems". Since surgery (3 months ago) I haven't had any trouble at all with nervousness until this morning. I called and talked with the nurse and she talked my symptoms over with the doc and they had me go get some blood work done. But now I have to wait til Monday for the results.

Anyone else ever have this problem? What did they do about it? Could it just be that the estrogen needs adjusted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2006, 12:39 PM

It is possible that your hormone levels need tweaked a bit. It can take some time to find just the right level, and it is possible you had estrogen still in your system from your ovaries that has finally depleted.

I am sorry for how you are feeling and hope you will be able to relax this weekend. Waiting for tests results can be very frustrating I know.

Many best wishes to you!
Unread 12-08-2006, 02:37 PM

Hi little sister iv had a few panic attacks the last month or so i just thought it was going nuts, id be in a supermarket and just have to get out of there, and thinking everyone is against me, family, friend, girls at work, may be it is hormones.
Let us know how you go monday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser
It is possible that your hormone levels need tweaked a bit. It can take some time to find just the right level, and it is possible you had estrogen still in your system from your ovaries that has finally depleted.

I am sorry for how you are feeling and hope you will be able to relax this weekend. Waiting for tests results can be very frustrating I know.

Many best wishes to you!
Thanks Weiser....I'm sure it is just something that needs "tweeked" a bit. I had ovaries and everything removed, so I don't think I had any lingering estrogen. Doc gave me a shot of estrogen, too, the day after surgery and I have been on Estropipate (Ogen) since. I'm sure hoping for a simple fix. It's been a tough day. I've cried so easy today.
Unread 12-08-2006, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyoone
Hi little sister iv had a few panic attacks the last month or so i just thought it was going nuts, id be in a supermarket and just have to get out of there, and thinking everyone is against me, family, friend, girls at work, may be it is hormones.
Let us know how you go monday

Hi Buffyoone....thanks for the support. It's good to know I'm not the only one who is going through this. I felt this way often before I had surgery, but this is the first since. I hate that feeling of being out of control. That feeling of complete nervousness and feeling that something bad is going to happen. I'm so thankful for the very understanding nurses at my doctor/surgeon's office and I'm very thankful for such a wonderful doctor.
Unread 12-08-2006, 07:19 PM

I too had that feeling so I thought that it was a panic attack and the day this happened I had to get out of the store I was in and just couldn't stand to be in there. Later that day I kept getting hot flashes like rolling over my back in these what I call waves. Little did I know I was going to have a heart attack that night. I went to the er and three days later had a stent put in. The scary thing for me is that I was thinking that I was having hot flashes. I get them so bad right now and its scary. I am trying to be patient and work all of this hormonal stuff through but it is so hard. I know that my heart attack was waiting to happen and the hysterectomy did not cause it but wow what a month. I don't know which doctor to call half the time about these hot flashes to see if they are truly them. Everyone says boy you have great color you'd never know that you had a heart attack. I say back thats because I am having a hot flash. I can't stand anything tight or heavy on me. Let me know how it works out for you or anyone else. I cried so much before surgery that after surgery it was pure relief. Just worrying whether it was cancer or not. I haven't had any hormones of any kind. I wonder if I can do without.
Unread 12-08-2006, 11:34 PM

Yes I had the same thing happen to me. Looking back now, after blood work and many calls later---a good friend of mine told me the anastisia ( however you spell it) and coming off of pain meds will cause this to happen. I thought I was nuts. Maybe this will help???? My doc suggested I go on Prozac! Been there, done that! It did go away.
I hope you get to feeling better! God Bless!
Sonia
Unread 12-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Panic attack

Oh I do feel better, I still do not care for the stores though. As for attacks it seems to be less and less much a great discomfort. I am getting to know what triggers them, but then again you can do nonthing at all and trigger one, Just hope we all feel better soon.
Unread 12-09-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemay19
Yes I had the same thing happen to me. Looking back now, after blood work and many calls later---a good friend of mine told me the anastisia ( however you spell it) and coming off of pain meds will cause this to happen. I thought I was nuts. Maybe this will help???? My doc suggested I go on Prozac! Been there, done that! It did go away.
I hope you get to feeling better! God Bless!
Sonia
I've been on effexor twice before and Zoloft a couple times, too. (for a few years at at a time). I was able to get off Effexor after surgery and have been doing great without it. I don't want to go down that road again with all the side effects that it causes. So am hoping they can tell me something monday after the blood work results come in. It's so frustrating and it's also frustrating for my husband. I could tell an immediate change in him when I told him I was having the "nervous anxiety crying feeling" again. Everything was soooo good there for so long....I'm three months out of surgery. I didn't think this would happen after three months....I thought by now the anesthesia would be out of my system and I haven't taken any pain meds for quite some time.
Unread 12-09-2006, 12:12 PM

A thought just crossed my mind.....what if the blood work comes back normal Monday and they can't help me with my nervousness/panic/anxiety with an adjustment of the estrogen?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register