Ovarian Cancer: I'm very scared, please help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm very scared, please help I'm very scared, please help

Unread 01-29-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm very scared, please help

I have an 8 cm mass on my left ovary, found during ultra-scan. My blood test was normal and my MRI scan shows the mass to be tumour like, but there was nothing else abnormal to see in my pelvis. I'm very scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2014, 02:24 PM
Re: I'm very scared, please help

It's perfectly normal to be scared, (((Katlan))). That doesn't make it any better, but please know that you're definitely not alone in these feelings.

It sounds positive that your other tests have been normal, even though they won't know for certain until your final pathology. Our bodies can develop some very strange things, many of which end up not being malignant. Fingers crossed big time this turns out to be the case for you as well!

Whatever the outcome, I'm sure you'll be able to handle things (you will!), and we'll help out however we can. We're glad you found us!

Unread 01-29-2014, 02:27 PM

You're very kind, thanks for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2014, 12:58 PM

So I've been told today that my mass is ovarian cancer, almost certainly. They said they can only be 100% certain once it's out and has been examined. So I'm waiting now for a date for my operation. It's a bit of a relief in a way to actually know. I'm holding it all together at the moment, but it's all still a bit of a shock. I'm keeping busy and every so often I examine the information in my mind, and I feel shocked again, that it's happening. It doesn't seem real! Anyway, I'm happy to have found this forum. Thank you.
Unread 01-30-2014, 03:04 PM

Katlan I am sorry for your diagnosis.Your mind will race for while,that's normal.I don't think any of us actually think they will get cancer, that always happens to someone else.
I hope your operation is soon and you can get on with whatever treatment you choose .

Chris
Unread 01-30-2014, 06:05 PM

I am sorry to hear that you are joining the cancer club. I was diagnosed almost a year ago, have been through surgery and chemo and it still doesn't seem real to me, so I can relate to how you are feeling. Just try your best to take one day at a time, one step at a time. The "what ifs" can really get to you if you let them. I wish you all the best and we are all here for you.
Unread 01-31-2014, 06:18 AM

Thanks very much for the replies and best wishes. I don't feel so alone now xx
Unread 01-31-2014, 08:20 AM

You certainly aren't alone, (((Katlan))). It's a lot to absorb and waiting for results, treatments, etc., is one of the most difficult parts of everything. Please feel free to come here whenever to cry, scream, vent, whatever you need to do. This process is a journey, not a sprint, and you're just at the beginning. I know it's difficult, but try not to let your mind race too far ahead until you have more information and specifics as to what your particular situation is. Remember, one step at a time.

We're here for you!

Unread 01-31-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm very scared, please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
I have an 8 cm mass on my left ovary, found during ultra-scan. My blood test was normal and my MRI scan shows the mass to be tumour like, but there was nothing else abnormal to see in my pelvis. I'm very scared.
. Reply: I completely understand being scared! Knowing something may be wrong, but not knowing what or details, is very difficult. I would encourage you to be proactive in getting a diagnosis! If it is cancerous, an early diagnosis offers hope of a cure! But first, MANY...MOST cysts are benign!!! Yours may be as well!!!! Ask for a blood test called a CA-125. The results of this test can provide an indication of whether the cyst is cancerous or not. It's not conclusive, though. You may need to request a biopsy. Be proactive! Don't wait. I just finished 18 weeks of chemo for ovarian cancer. I'm feeling great considering! I'll be glad to talk you thru this. You can do this!!!!
Unread 01-31-2014, 09:37 AM

Thanks to all for all the lovely caring messages. I've had the marker test and it was negative, but I'm told they can be even if you have cancer. I'm seeing the consultant again next Wednesday to discuss what's next. My family doctor has said they will need to operate and do a full hysterectomy. She said they need to examine the tumour in the lab, before they can say exactly what is what.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register