Cervic/No Cervic outcomes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cervic/No Cervic outcomes Cervic/No Cervic outcomes

Unread 03-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Cervic/No Cervic outcomes

After reading through posts it seems to me that most sufferers of sexual dysfunction after hyst are those of us that had our cervix removed.

Having said that I would be really interested to hear views from both sides as it is really hard to know how anyone will react, given women have different types of orgasms.

Those of you with cervix I wouldn't think would suffer from any pain during deep thrusting, where it seems women who have vaginal cuff are more likely to suffer.

I am also interested to see who has internal/vaginal orgasms from women who have and don't have their cervix, and also lubcrication issues with or without a cervix.

It would be that it seems most women have had their cervix removed so there are more posts but I don't think so. Reading about women who kept cervix they seem very happy.

Look forward to receiving replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2005, 08:09 AM

I do not have my cervix, and I have had no problems thus far. No pain during sex, no lubrication issues, no orgasm issues. My orgasms seem to be internal. Things feel pretty much the same as before the hysterectomy, other than the fact that the missionary position is out of the question right now since the old swelly belly is still tender to pressure, or at least to 175 pounds worth of pressure.
Unread 03-30-2005, 08:41 AM
no cervix

Hi I don't have my cervix but to me it's the same no problems thus for.Don't need no lubrication.I feel like it is so much better.Has for the big O it's great.
sistercon TVH keptovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2005, 01:34 PM

I don't have my cervix and things are great in "all" areas, better than ever actually IMHO there are lots of different reasons for sexual dysfunction, all our surgeries are different, I think alot has to do with the skill of the surgeon, some psychological factors ( BTW I've had problems in the past with this) hormonal issues etc.
I just wonder if there is any clear defining line , my heart goes out to anyone who is having these problems I've been there and it isn't fun, we'd all like an answer but I feel sometimes there isn't one
Unread 03-30-2005, 02:00 PM

Add me to teh list of no cervix with greater pleasure. NO problems with lubing either. NO pain with deep thrusting, actually a lot less pain than before,now its pleasureable , where as before it felt like he was hitting a brick wall, now there is none of that, pure pleasure. No pains in that area at all, and seems to me the orgasims are much better, and much more intense. Yes I ended up with granulation as most women with cervix removal do, but it wasn't an issue to get fixed with a little silver nitrate. I also NEVER have to worry abuot the chance of mini periods. As for pelvic support, well once its sewed together to form a cuff its the same thing, I'm a runner for the last four months and I'm having no issues at all. I had cervitities with all its problems, all I can say is thank god its gone, no further surgery to consider for me.
Unread 03-30-2005, 03:21 PM
No Cervix

Hi, I had my cervix removed also. The pleasure during sex is much better. I don't notice any pain, have no lubrication problems and have bigger O's than ever. No problems with my vaginal cuff. I was so afraid it would be different and painful but the only difference is that it is even better. I hope this gives hope to all those women that are still waiting for their Dr.'s OK.

TVH, kept ovaries, live on the Beautiful Oregon Coast
Unread 03-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Thank you for your replies

Thank you so much for your replies, and I just realised I didn't spell cervix right on the post subject!

If anyone can pass on some advice to me I would be so grateful, I do have issues with my self esteem and feeling like a woman again. Also I suppose allowing myself to feel and deserve a good sex life. One of the main problems I am having problems with is when my surgeon cut skin away and pulled the wound together. Sort of like a mini tummy tuck I suppose, but the problem is that it has moved parts so that the top of clitoris is now very noticable when I stand up.

I can't seem to move away from this and find it hard to accept myself for me now. I know this sounds strange and I would so appreciate any insight into how to overcome this.

Thank you so much for listening to me.
Unread 03-30-2005, 03:34 PM

Same here! I got to keep my overies but not my uterus or cervix. It feels the same as it did before surgery. No problems at all. For awhile before surgery it had become painful. But it's not anymore.

I don't know what to tell you except I think we are 100% WOMAN! With or without a cervix. I don't feel any different about myself. I don't feel any different. Maybe because I wasn't planning on having any babies. So having a uterus these last few years just meant PAIN to me. I don't miss it at all.
Unread 03-30-2005, 03:41 PM

Hi There!

How long ago was your surgery? It would help us to help you if you would "edit your profile" to include your surgery date!

Have you seen a doctor about what you described to us in this post? Are you saying that you feel disfigured because your genitals look different? If so, perhaps your doctor could recommend a consultation with a reconstructive surgeon.

What have you pursued so far in your quest to feel better?

s
Unread 03-30-2005, 04:05 PM

My surger was done on March 6 2001 so it has been a while.

I did speak to a doctor about fixing the problem but he said he would leave it because it could cause more decrease in sensitivity. I don't know what to do. I am frightened if I do go and get something done I will be worse off.

I do feel disfigured and disgusting and I don't know how to accept myself as I am.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register