Monday is the big day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Monday is the big day Monday is the big day

Unread 08-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Monday is the big day

I just had my visit to the gyno today, and after getting my history and then doing a very painful internal exam, we discussed my options. I'm having a full hysterectomy with my right ovary being removed (sorry, I don't know all the abreviations yet). He will have to do an abdominal incision because I haven't had children, and my cervix is very high up and not in a good location for the other procedure. Because I have a job that will start in Mid-October, he got me in very quickly. I have very little time to prepare, but as my husband told me, I now don't have weeks to worry and fret about things. I'm trying to get all the laundry done and teach my husband how to cook a few things. My doc told me I should only be in the hospital until Tuesday evening, or maybe Wednesday early afternoon, depending on how well I'm managing the pain, and if I can urinate. Then, I'll have a week at home with my husband and my Mom waiting on me hand and foot. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm rambling, but this is a real curve ball. I knew I needed the surgery, I just expected a longer wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Monday is the big day

Tiger, best of luck with your surgery. You were right on with the no fretting, what a blessing that will be. If you do have things that pop up on you in the next few days, the sisters will definitely be able to answer/reassure/hug as needed!
Unread 08-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Your big day monday

Tiger, Wow that would make your head spin getting booked in that fast. It definitly has its advantages and disadvantages. My surgery was moved up about 6 weeks while at the beginning of some major renovations in our house. So im going through this with a torn out kitchen.. relying on a grill for the lions share of the cooking and my ex visiting so he can care for my hyper active jack russell pup that is deaf. Husband could not get more then a couple days off because of the short timing. My advice to you is to just make sure you have enough clean undies for the week and your items for the hospital. The rest will fall into place. Dust has a habit of staying where it lands and mom will most likely feel she hasnt done her part if she doesnt do some of the housework. Take the time to be with your husband instead of getting all worked up and yelling at him like I did mine thinking the world would end if things were not done. Better yet, pour a glass of wine and sit down with the local take out menus and plan your dinners from them. That way you can have take away delivered in or hubby can pick up on the way home. *wish I thought of that one beforehand* Go shopping for a lot of magazines and books to read. Good luck with your surgery on monday and relax until then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Monday is the big day

Dear Tiger:
All the best to you. Having your Mom and Husband at home will help so much. This web site is the best! Take care. Katrin
Unread 08-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Monday is the big day

I've had 2 emergency surgeries -- so NO TIME to plan, organize, worry, fret, etc
Everything worked out just fine. Everyone was fed, the house didn't burn down and I had clean clothes to wear. Best of luck Monday - relax this weekend!
Unread 08-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Monday is the big day

Tiger best of luck to you. I was in the middle of painting and remodeling the whole house after getting one wall out due to termites. My doctor put me in quickly because of back to school and my condition. I was told on a Thursday that I could have the surgery on the next Wed. at 7:00 AM. I just had enough time to put lots of stuff out of the way so I would have clear halls for walking. Everything is falling into place and everyone is fine. You'll do great. Follow Doctors orders and get plenty of rest. I wish I had my mommy to fret over me. God Bless you!
Unread 08-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Monday is the big day

Good luck to you with your surgery,and may your recovery be easy.Try to relax and have a good weekend,everything else will fall into place.We're here for you.
Unread 08-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Monday is the big day

Hi my surgery is monday too. I have decided to make sure my room is clean and that i have a table next to my bed. my loose fitting clothes clean and pack for the castle. so dont worry everything will go just fine. best wishes and God Bless.

Amanda
Unread 08-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Monday is the big day

Thanks for all the kind words. Today has not been a good day. I had a lot of errands, plus bloodwork. My husband was at work, and I stopped in to drop some things off for him, he was grouchy, and I ended up in tears. Yesterday, I was fine with the idea, now today, I've been on an emotional roller coaster. I've been crying over the silliest things. I intend to just relax the rest of this weekend, do a few loads of laundry so I have clean things when I get back from the castle, and clean my room. My mom cooked a bunch of meals for us that all my husband has to do is reheat in the microwave. I'm soooo lucky to have my Mom helping. She's been such a great help, she's really my best friend.

Right now, my biggest concern is whether I'm doing the right thing keeping my left ovary. Since I've had trouble with the right one, I'm worried that the left one might start causing trouble later on. I know I can go back to have it removed later if it does act up, and I don't want to go into early menopause. It doesn't help that while the two docs I've seen agree on the TAH, they don't both agree about the ovary issue. The other doc says to take them both, why worry about it causing trouble later. The doc doing the surgery says why take it if it's not causing trouble? :confuse:
Unread 08-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Monday is the big day

Good luck on your surgery on Monday. Just remember when the surgery is done "no more worries"!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register