TAH Feeling really fed up now! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling really fed up now! Feeling really fed up now!

Unread 10-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Feeling really fed up now!

Hey There

I am nine weeks post op, I had further suregery the week after my TAH/BSO. Am now back at work part time but this last week started experiencing stabbing pains in the lower right side of my tummy, right near where my incision ends. (Incision is from hip to hip). Saw my GP last week who told me I need to see my consultant again but the emergency appointment with him is 7 days after GP appointment.

Today the stabbing pain has gone but the whole of my tummy above my incision aches and the right side is very tender. Has anyone else found they had this??

Any suggestions??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Re: Feeling really fed up now!

Yes I am 6 weeks and have aches exactly where u do. Are u experiencing at end of day? I am still tender especially at end is day... I figure it is just part is the healing. Hopefully your Dr can shed some insight
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:31 PM

Hi There
It is worse at the end of the day. Just slightly tender first thing in the morning but by the end of the day really hurts but maybe it is normal if I am not the only one feeling like thiis
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadaboutPink View Post
Hey There

I am nine weeks post op, I had further suregery the week after my TAH/BSO. Am now back at work part time but this last week started experiencing stabbing pains in the lower right side of my tummy, right near where my incision ends. (Incision is from hip to hip). Saw my GP last week who told me I need to see my consultant again but the emergency appointment with him is 7 days after GP appointment.

Today the stabbing pain has gone but the whole of my tummy above my incision aches and the right side is very tender. Has anyone else found they had this??

Any suggestions??
Hey there

what was the second op for??

xx
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:42 PM

Hi Usaj

The second op was due to the fact that I had split some stitches, they reopened me and cleaned me out and then stitched and stapled me.

Unread 10-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Hi Usaj

The second op was due to the fact that I had split some stitches, they reopened me and cleaned me out and then stitched and stapled me.

Hey hun

im 9 weeks too...and have not been able to go back to work as i have fustila and am awaiting surgery in a few weeks...u are lucky to have your life back...how are u feeling emotionally??

xxxxxxx
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:50 PM

Hey Sweetie

Sorry to hear you are waiting for more surgery, I really feel for you. I was quite lucky when I needed the second surgery as I had no warning, I went for an appointment as I bleeding and within 30 minutes was in theatre. Will be thinking of you.

Am working part time and shattered when i get home, not able to do much around the house but getting there. Emotionally I am a wreck, some days OK but most days could cry all day. Feel quite low and am on antidepressants which I was on before surgery.

How are you getting on emotionally??

Unread 10-04-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Hey Sweetie

Sorry to hear you are waiting for more surgery, I really feel for you. I was quite lucky when I needed the second surgery as I had no warning, I went for an appointment as I bleeding and within 30 minutes was in theatre. Will be thinking of you.

Am working part time and shattered when i get home, not able to do much around the house but getting there. Emotionally I am a wreck, some days OK but most days could cry all day. Feel quite low and am on antidepressants which I was on before surgery.

How are you getting on emotionally??

Hey babe

I have on antidepressants for 6 years now and last weeks was a good week...this this week i feel low and feel an emtional whirlwind....its really hard to get thru this....will we ever??

I so want my life back babe...i want to feel normal again...i really.....am starting to feel anxious about this up and coming surgery too.....its so nice to be able to talk to u and u are from the uk....which is nice.....xxxxxxxxx
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:05 PM

Hey Sweetie

You are right it is really hard to get through, no one told me it would be this hard and this emotional to get through. Hopefully we will and I keep thinking that when I eventually do get through it I will be pain free and have abetter life but it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I really would like my life back to I am fed up of having to sit home and rest because everything knackers me.

I am sure you surgery will go well and you will get through it, but I will keep you in my thoughts and you are right it is so nice to be able to speak to people going through the same but also from the UK xxxxxx

Good Luck xx
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Hey Sweetie

You are right it is really hard to get through, no one told me it would be this hard and this emotional to get through. Hopefully we will and I keep thinking that when I eventually do get through it I will be pain free and have abetter life but it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I really would like my life back to I am fed up of having to sit home and rest because everything knackers me.

I am sure you surgery will go well and you will get through it, but I will keep you in my thoughts and you are right it is so nice to be able to speak to people going through the same but also from the UK xxxxxx

Good Luck xx
Hey pls keep in touch its so nice to spk to u....

Im off to bed now and am really tired.....so maybe we can spk tomo??

I hope so...xxxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register