Hi Ladies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-18-2000, 06:23 PM
Hi Ladies

Hi ladies .. well i got my news today.. Friday, Dec. 29 is my surgery!! Now it really set it.. Ok im trying to calm down.. and talking and reading the posts help.. Thanks so much to everyone..

Tomorrow at 3pm im having my cat scan.. at 1:30 im suppose to drink this nasty stuff., two big bottels of it.. i doubt its staying down.. (i gag at robittusin lol) anyway thats tomorrow.. hope thats go well.. Keep me posted with what you are all doing and how your all feeling..thinking about u all and thanks again.. keep in touch.. i will too.. love

ang*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2000, 07:22 PM
Hi Ladies

I am glad you got your date. I will be thinking of you . I am going in on the 20th and I'll give you the scoop when I get back
Unread 12-18-2000, 10:42 PM
Hi Ladies

What a way to ring in the New Year! I wonder what New Year's eve looks like on a hospital floor? Could be interesting. I did my previous pre-op work on Halloween. Pretty wierd...

Good luck with the nasty drink. I still have about a liter of GoLytely to go, and I sure feel for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2000, 06:01 AM
Ring out the old, ring in the new

Hi Ang. Congrats on getting your date. I imagine it feels like you're really on your way now. I'm sure you have a lot to do in a short amount of time. Have you prepared at all? You'll be a new lady in 2001. I go to the doc today to discuss what we want to do from here and hopefully I'll walk out with my date at last. I'm tired of living in this limbo. Don't forget to ring your nurse buzzer at midnite NY eve and share a cup of cranberry juice with someone.

Unread 12-19-2000, 09:31 AM
Hi Ladies

Hi there. Nice to meet a hsyster twin. I have my SAH/BSO on Friday, Dec. 29 also. I was beginning to think I was all alone on that day. I go tommorrow for my pre-op visit. I'm trying to get all my questions ready. Anyone got any suggestions? Bloodwork is the only thing that I know will have to do then. Does the tension get much worse? My family never knows what to expect from me next laughter or tears but they are coping well. It's nice to come here where other ladies know what you're talking about. Thanks for being there.
Unread 12-19-2000, 10:04 AM
Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies - well I am 2 weeks post-op and really wish I had searched the web and found this site before I went into the hospital. Suggestions are good - this is what I suggest
-Request a Private Room, there is normally no guarantee you will get one but the cost is usually minimal (mine was $30.00 extra per night) and it beats getting a roomate from hell.
- Bring your own pillow from home
- Stock up on Gas-X, Phayzyme, Colace (stool softener) to have when you get home
- Have lots of big undies to put on - don't want anything binding
- Comfy pj's, nightgowns, sweat pants, etc. (again you won't want to wear anything binding)
- Have a neck roll pillow or something to hold against your abdominal area - laughing, sneezing and coughing are big NO NO's after this type of surgery - Ouch!
- I found the Morphine made me very restless could not sleep and also did not take away my pain . I explained to the nurse this and she said I probably would do better on Demerol - oh yes, much better - I could sleep, took away the pain and I was not so restlesss
- Get any chores, etc that you won't need to do when you get home - pay those bills, clean the house, shop - well this is if you don't have anybody to do those things for you. My DH just normally leaves these things up to me - he's been great though!
Can't think of anything else at the moment - but I finally feel I am on my to feeling human again . Still a way to go but I am on my way!!! Good Luck to you all.
Unread 12-19-2000, 02:01 PM
Hi Ladies

Congratulations on getting your date! Good luck with the nasty CAT scan stuff - I never could keep it down, and they finally gave up and did the best they could without. Hang in there - it's almost over!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register