New Question - After Hysterectomy How the heck am i suppose to live with no hormones? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Question - After Hysterectomy How the heck am i suppose to live with no hormones? New Question - After Hysterectomy How the heck am i suppose to live with no hormones?

Unread 02-20-2010, 01:07 AM
New Question - After Hysterectomy How the heck am i suppose to live with no hormones?

Ok I have read alot about this and im petrified now.. what kind of quality of life am i suppoes to have im 55 yrs old. and they will want me to take some sort of hormones..
ALL Of which cause cancer in other places and or heart desease and alheimers????? How can our science not have already had some answer to this?

So basically now im mad.. dont know at who.. perhaps myself.
I have hyperplasis atyipia .. if i dont get the full hysto.. I will have cancer and die..
If i get the hysterectomy and survive that my life is going to go to heck..

Great i get this done ill loose my memory.. become incontenint.. and whats the point of life with out your memory?
this is most depressing.. its a catch 22 i feel now my life is over and doomed. I can go suffer life as an invalid at age 55 or die of a heart attack .. even tho i have no heart problems only high blood pressure which im going to loose weight anyway and get rid of that. I mean who wants to eat when they know they have a horrible life ahead..

I mean if i was slim an trim perhaps I would be able to handle hormones? i dont know .. how does anyone in their 30s .. get thru this not alone a older person like me. I feel so bad for all that have to go thru this not having had children already. For me i have had one and was done long ago.

I have an appt for a therapist for 19th of march. I have my first gyn oncology appt march 1st to see when we can get me scheduled and all the details.

Im just puzzled maybe i am missing something.. here.
what do you do at 50 plus already been thru meno then have to get the hysto .. and start taking horrible evil drugs progesterone.. is there a very low dose maybe that will keep me alive and less likely to have to suffer the fears of heart attack alheimers (sorry spelling wrong i know) and cancer of the breast.
While i know its such a high amount of women have to deal with this .. what are we all doing to survive ? to try to make life livable after this misfortunate situation.

How did people survive in old times and live til 90? women.
I know old times we were not force fed evil drugs and evil food production.. we call that old food Organic now .. made with no bio engineering and pesticide ridden.
Whatever the case is .. we that are here now .. what can we do to make it thru .. ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Re: New Question - After Hysterectomy How the heck am i suppose to live with no hormo

I'm 36 and on estrogen. I was really happy to be on HRT as I had a hormonal imbalance that made me suicidal at times. I was really happy to be on estrogen as it's totally changed my life.. I feel quite depressed and worried now after reading this post.
Unread 02-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Re: New Question - After Hysterectomy How the heck am i suppose to live with no hormo

I am 34 and had a complete hysterectomy (ovaries removed) and I am now on Premarin. IMO if hormone replacement was so terrible for us the doctors would never put us on these hormones. I had to be put on something as I could not live with hot flashes and sweats all during the day. I would have been miserable to live with. I think you need to do some more research and talk with your doctor. The only reason why I had my ovaries removed was because I had cyst on them. I have to agree with Mrs. Adams after reading your post though, I feel quite depressed and worried. But I know these doctors, especially mine) would never do anything to harm me so I have to believe he is doing the best for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2010, 07:33 AM

I can't stop thinking about this post.. Now I'm v v worried. I was so ill before the hysterectomy that I suppose I had no option but to have the op and my Dr said because of my age she would only do it if I agreed to go on hrt. I was in no fit state to refuse..and have so far loved it.. Not so much now...
Unread 02-20-2010, 07:46 AM

I agree with you. I go back to my gp in 2 weeks and I am going to bring this up with him as I do not go back to my surgeon (gyn/onc) until May. I keep thinking though there are millions of woman who have been on HRT for a very long time and have lived a wonderful life with NO complications.
Unread 02-20-2010, 07:58 AM

Memyselfandi, are you feeling good on hrt?
Unread 02-20-2010, 08:11 AM

I am however, I have am having some severe joint pain but both my gp and my surgeon does not think it is from lack of estrogen but something else. My gp has sent me to a rheumatologist who I will see in about 3 weeks. If nothing else shows up I will be treated like I have fibromalgyia. In a way I can live with the joint even though it will make my job very difficult because I was not a so very nice person when I was not on HRT. LOL. I work in the athletic setting with high school kids and one of my athletes told me I needed to check my hormones and this was after I bit his head off. He knew what type of surgery I was having. I just laughed when he told me this. I know I need them but the other stuff the other person wrote worries me.

You feel better on yours don't you?
Unread 02-20-2010, 08:15 AM

I feel great on hrt..it's totally transformed my life. I was depressed for many years due to hormonal imbalance and having the hrt just evens it all out a little. I suppose given the choice again I'd still opt for the hysterectomy and the hrt than to go back to how I was pre-op. I'm seeing my Gyn on Thursday so I'll bring this up with her..but rather like you said before..I trust my Dr.
Unread 02-20-2010, 08:18 AM

If you remember can you let me know what he/she says?
Unread 02-20-2010, 08:24 AM

I'll definately let you know.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register