sleeping on stomach?????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sleeping on stomach?????? sleeping on stomach??????

Unread 02-22-2007, 08:58 AM
sleeping on stomach??????

Any advice out there. I love to sleep on my stomach at night and feel quite OK to do so at 10 days post op. Im scared though that I will cause any damage. Any opinions would be very grateful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 01:11 PM

Make a nest in the shape of a hollow square and place your tummy in the middle of the hollow. Pile up more pillows for your head, if you like. This is how I slept on my tummy for about a week.

Lena
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM

I had a tummy tuck with my tah. I would love to be able to sleep on my stomach again. Too afraid to try!!! I have survived with lots of pillows I can arrange as I need to. DH says it takes me 1/2 hour to get into bed every night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2007, 04:53 PM

I had a sah and I would love to sleep on my stomach again too, but I haven't yet. It's still a little tender to do that and I'm afraid, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I have a huge vertical incision though - all the way up to my belly button...
Unread 02-23-2007, 01:09 AM

I am a stomach sleeper and found it very hard to sleep on my back after surgery. While in the hospital I used the pillows to prop up against the bed rail to lean against while sleeping on my side.

Once I got home I used DH and pillows to prop up against to sleep on my side. On day 8 I had my staples removed and oh what a difference I felt. From then on, as usual, I started on my side and found myself waking up on my stomach. I would rollover to my side and would again find myself waking up on my stomach.

After about three days of this I quit fighting it and would just sleep on my stomach. I figured if I was naturally going to my stomach, it must be ok, I was in no pain or discomfort.

For me I had no problems sleeping on my stomach after only two weeks post op.
Unread 02-23-2007, 09:39 AM

I knew it was okay for me to sleep on my stomach when I woke up and I was laying on my stomach! :lol I think I was about 4 weeks out though. Before that I was waking up on my side, about 2 weeks out. Of course it was the pain of my rolling over onto my side that was waking me up Just take it slow and easy and if it hurts don't do it.
Unread 02-23-2007, 11:08 AM

I had a LAVH and was sleeping on my tummy from the first night home from the castle. The pressure of me laying on it actually felt good and helped me sleep.
Unread 02-23-2007, 11:15 AM

will be sure to try it tonight for sure. Just cant sleep any other way. Need a good nights sleep......thanks x x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register