17 weeks and tender? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

17 weeks and tender? 17 weeks and tender?

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:43 AM
17 weeks and tender?

My TAH was January 10th. The end of March/beginning of April I was still napping a couple hours a day and feeling pain if I did too much.

Then for most of April I was totally pain-free, no tugs, twinges, or anything.

But in the past week it's started up again, and most of yesterday I was tender. I either have swelly-belly or my stomach has become a water balloon and just hangs down, over my lower abdomen. Lovely, I assure you!

Am I just doing too much? I'm still not exercising regularly (my fault), but I'm doing house projects, hanging things on walls, sorting through boxes. Basically, I've stopped sitting around like I did for a couple months immediately post-op.

Am I unrealistic to get back into life?

I know everyone's body is different, but I'd just like to hear that I'm not the only one like this. It really baffles my husband who thought I was supposed to be better. Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Re: 17 weeks and tender?

Hi joyjourney,

I'm sorry you are having problems again. When I was at just over 3 months, I had a week during which I scared myself into thinking I had hurt something or developed nasty adhesions. Fortunately, it only lasted about a week, and I was feeling much better again. I think I might have just done too much in the days before. I had a pretty extensive excision of endo during my surgery so I think my healing time was just a bit longer than some others'. I think you just have to be patient with yourself and ask your husband to do the same. Some of us take months to start feeling more like "ourselves." Allow yourself to rest if you need it. Certainly, if you are worried, consult your doc. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:15 PM

I had davinci surgery 12/20/12. at 3 months I started to finally feel better then about 3 weeks ago I started to get bad pain again on my lower right side legs hips thankfully it got better since a week ago or so. I am still not to where I was at 3 months but doing better each day. I haven't started to exercise yet. my gyno had me do an ultrasound of my kidneys and liver thankfully test came out negative. next week I have appmt for pelvic ultrasound to make sure my ovaries are okay. I am still not back to feeling pre surgery. the pain from the fibroids went away but were replaced by other I would say worse pains. It sucks I pray I continue to feel better. every night and morning I apply on my lower belly/pelic and back bengay with vanishing scent. I also have to apply ice packs on my lower belly/pelvic every single night. it does help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2013, 04:19 PM

I had a TAH and am still tender at 11 weeks. Maybe you ramped up your activity faster than you realized you did. Call your doc if you are worried or concerned, otherwise, keep listening to your body and rest as needed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register