Pre-Op is done! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op is done! Pre-Op is done!

Unread 02-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Pre-Op is done!

Well, I had my pre-op today. My doctor wasn't even in. All I saw was the nurse. She went over my 2 pages of questions with me and I was satsified that she had answered all my questions. Then, it was off to the hospital for them to do their thing. They took blood and had tons of papers for me to sign. No EKG or chest x-ray since I am under 40. The nurse there went over all the procedures and what to expect in the hospital. She gave me a brochure on the deep breathing and coughing exercises they'll have me doing post-op. She made sure to make a note that I was concerned about nausea from the anesthesia and I made sure they knew I needed antibiotics for my leaky heart valve.

The best news I got was that I don't have to do the liquid diet thing. All I have to do is an enema the night before, a betadine douche and wash with this anti-bacterial soap. My surgery isn't until 1:30 in the afternoon, so they even said I can have clear liquids until 9 am the morning of surgery.

I'm not quite as panicked now as I was before today. I think part of the calming effect has been knowing what to expect from reading all the wonderful information on this website. It was reassuring to hear the same answers today that I have seen on here. Now I guess I'll just hurry up and wait for next Friday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Pre-Op is done!

Hooray for you
I just did the same thing on Monday. What a great comfort that was for me, being there at the hospital able to ask all the questions that I wanted to. The nurse there with me had a TAH/BSO so she had been there done that and that made me feel really good
Good luck to you next Friday. Mine is this Tuesday
I'll check in here and let everyone know how it was as soon as I am home and coherent
Unread 02-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Pre-Op is done!

We are sharing the same date Christi45, They dont do pre op in BC! All the questions I have had i found answers here WHEW!!!
They will call me pre admit soon. Had lab work done today and only had to sign the blood match envelope. My stomache keeps constricting! What an emotional rollercoaster! May all go well with you ! God bless you and all those caring for you! Love ~ Lion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2003, 08:42 PM
Pre-Op is done!

all the very best and blessings ot you also klgilbert on tuesday! Hope this weekend is a very lovely one for you!!!! God be with you and all caring for you !!! Love ~ Lion

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register