abnormal mammo & on HRT's for 6 yrs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

abnormal mammo & on  HRT's for 6 yrs abnormal mammo & on HRT's for 6 yrs

Unread 07-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Exclamation - abnormal mammo & on  HRT's for 6 yrs abnormal mammo & on HRT's for 6 yrs

In 2007 I had a supra-cervical hysterectomy & bi lateral oopherectomy. I've been on Vivelle Dot( estradiol) since then. I also started doing awakening women natural progesterone cream to help balance things out.

The first few years , I had normal mammos. 3 years ago I had my first abnormal mammo. I had a follow up ultrasound and everything came back normal.

Then in July of 2012 I did a mammo and ultrasound just to be safe. The results came back that I had to get a needle biopsy on my left breast. That came back normal.

For me it was a very painful procedure after the local anesthesic wore off. It took 3 months for the pain and severe bruising to go away.
Since going thru that I decided to cut my Vivelle dose from changing it twice a week to once a week only~
I'm really hoping that this year( tomorrow is my annual mammo) I won't have another abnormal mammo.

Everything I've read says that being on estradiol (Vivell Dot) can increase your chances of breast cancer.

Nothing I read said that the natural progesterone cream does that. Now I'm looking into once again starting a Black Cohosh / Dong Quai supplement and adding a soy supplement to help with the severe hot flashes I get since I decreased my estradiol dose.

Is there anyone out there who decreased or got completely off of their (Vivelle) estradiol trans-dermal patch due to abnormal mammos/ultrasounds?
If so, did it help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 06:59 PM
Re: abnormal mammo & on HRT's for 6 yrs

Funny because I've read that estrogen only HRT protects you against breast cancer (I googled estrogen protecting you against breast cancer) also having no ovaries does too apparently. They now think its the combination if estrogen and progesterone that increases your risk.
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Re: abnormal mammo & on HRT's for 6 yrs

I was going by what the radiologist said the last couple of years to me. So when I had to go in for the minimally invasive, yet still very painful procedure of the needle biopsy, that was enough to make me weigh the risks and benefits of being on HRTs.
For me at least me if being on Vivelle Dot( which is an estadiol ) possibly is causing me to have abnormal mammos and ultrasounds, then it might be worth continuing to cut back on the does and /or quit using it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register