Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Unread 02-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Burning, tearing sensation in lower left abdomen

Queenbee...

When she muscular pain, what exactly did she mean by that?? Just curious.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 06:27 AM

loves to run,
You know, I was in so much pain, and glad it wasn't anything more serious, I didn't ask anymore questions about it.
I just knew I had to get home and take a pain pill, and lay down.
I did start back to work this week only part time, I could have done something there.
I don't have an answer to your question. I'm sorry.
L
Unread 02-23-2008, 06:50 AM

I have been using that advice for two days now and I feel so much better. The warm compresses work wonders. It is hard to just rest and make DH do more for me when I feel good otherwise, but I know he does not mind.

Hope this works for you, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM

I, too, find a heating pad helpfull. I had ovaries out 1/7/08 and its been like my hyst all over again. If I try to do to much (which is hardly anything) I get a set back in the pain department. After I'm rested I feel better and that leads me to belive I still have healing to do.
Unread 02-24-2008, 08:35 AM

Wow, its normal? Well, I guess that should make the pain less worrisome. I hope you are feeling better. Thats just terrible to have that much pain. I had pain all day yesterday but nothing as bad as you have.
I have found that wearing the tightest panty girdle I can tolerate really helps with the pain, seems like it holds everything in place and it doesn't hurt as bad.
Take care,
Melissa
Unread 02-24-2008, 09:42 AM

I had that exact same feeling. It lasted for a 2-3 days - the first day was awful and I used prescription pain reliever. After that OTC stuff was okay. I kept my rear on the couch or the bed on those days. I was told it was the nerve endings repairing and healing.

I hope you have relief soon from this! It isn't pleasant - but it will pass.
Unread 02-24-2008, 09:48 AM

Last week, the burning was terrible for me. That was my 3rd week post-op. I also had to take Percocit just for the burning... it was really bad. I'll be starting my 4th week post-op tomorrow, and I still have a LITTLE burning, but nothing so bad that I need a Percocit. So, my nerves must have been working really hard last week at repairing themsevles and just coming back to life! I'm glad that the burning has gotten less ... hopefully last week was the worst of that sensation!
Unread 02-24-2008, 10:07 AM

You all make me feel so much better. I have been really worried about the burning. I noticed that it is much worse when I've been on my feet for a long while or when I am trying to do too much. I go back to work part time tomorrow so I'm hoping all is ok. I keep thinking that its been 2 and 1/2 weeks so I should be painfree! I know that's silly logically, but I think I'm just tired of being so uncomfortable. Lying on my back seems to help a lot, but I will definitely try the warm compresses. Thanks, ladies!
Unread 02-26-2008, 11:42 PM

Hi all,
This has been a miserable few days for me. I have been using a frozen gel pack on my side that has the burning pain.. I find that it has been helping. I am running low on prescrition meds and dr. doesn't like to prescribe more after the 2nd week. I already have had a refill twice... I, too am just tired of being uncomfortable. It's boring here all alone everyday also. DH went back to work last Friday. He is helping out here at home alot, so I am thankful for that. I will try driving tomorrow. I hope all of you are doing much better and have a wonderful evening.
Unread 02-28-2008, 04:13 PM

I'm glad to know that I was not the only one having the burning, tearing sensation! I was getting worried. I'm 3 weeks post op and not having much of it now but I try to keep off of my feet and lounge in my husbands easy chair as much as possible.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register