Scheduled LAVH Upcoming hysterectomy: 27 and freaked!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy: 27 and freaked!! Upcoming hysterectomy: 27 and freaked!!

Unread 11-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy: 27 and freaked!!

Ok I am 27 and will be having surgery the 26th, the day before Thanksgiving. I am freaking out. I have read way too many horror stories. I'm so afraid of my intestines falling out post op. I also feel kind of silly since I've never joined a site and I have no idea what the abbreviations mean (ex: dvh, lavh ??). How many sisters actually had something go wrong after surgery? Thank you for reading and replies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Re: 27 and freaked!!

The abbreviations are for the type of surgery,LAVH( laproscopic assisted) TAH ( Total abdominal surgery) I am sure there is a place on the site for the abbrev explained.
I am so sorry you are going thru this, yes, you are young.I have had 3 abdominal surgeries 2 c-sections and my hysterectomy. I was exactly like you with my first c-section, scared everything was going to fall out if I stood up. Let me assure you that everything will be fine, and nothing will fall out .
Please don't feel silly,everyone is new at some point. We are here to help you anyway we can

Chris
Unread 11-08-2014, 12:39 PM

First, I would recommend NOT reading the stories where things go wrong. Fact is that most have good experiences and excellent outcomes - they just tend to not post about them. The majority of posts are from people that have issues because they need more support.

I know you are scared and you are young to be going through this experience. Chances are very good that you will have a great outcome.

I have had the textbook perfect recovery from my pelvic repair and hysterectomy 12 days ago. Very little pain. In fact, I have to remind myself that I even had surgery. I started driving on day 6 and could go back to work any time now.

Try to relax!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2014, 12:42 PM

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/vie...=abbreviations That is the link to abbreviations.
Unread 11-08-2014, 09:14 PM

I agree - stay away from the horror stories. I agree that there are a lot great outcome stories that you just do not hear about. Those with quick recoveries are too busy with normal life to post about their great outcome.
I had a LAVH on 10/15 and I am back to work as a physical therapist assistant which is a very physical job. I never had any real bad pain and never required any pain pills just ibuprofen. I was walking 4 miles by day 10 and have already been back to the gym doing low impact cardio for up to 50 minutes. I feel pretty much normal I just get more tired than usual but that is to be expected. The worst part of this experience was the worrying I did the weeks before I had the LAVH. Try to relax - it will be over before you know it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register