Swinging from one emotion to the other | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swinging from one emotion to the other Swinging from one emotion to the other

Unread 08-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Swinging from one emotion to the other

Well, it's finally my turn. I go in to the Castle tomorrow morning, but surgery is not until the day after (Monday). I wish I could just go in on the day of surgery, like the rest of you ladies, but I guess we do things a little differently here in the UK.

I went to see my own family doctor yesterday because my Asthma was bothering me (probably the nerves). He assured me that I am fine.

I was out shopping with my 17yr old DD and we were sitting having a coffee, chatting & everything was just fine, then all of a sudden, I start getting all jittery. I just couldn't shut it out. I knew I was going to see my doctor later on that day, so I decided I would air my feelings to him.
He was so nice & he reasured me that I would be fine. He checked me all over & said everything was ok. I did ask him if I could take something for my nerves but he said that he was not allowed to give me anything before surgery & said I could get through it without taking pills & potions.
While I was airing my concerns with him, I had a pannick attack right there in his surgery.
He was good with me & let me just talk. I felt a lot better afterwards.

Today I have just kept myself busy the whole time. Then tonight I went & saw a film with my family, just for something to keep my mind occupied. It helped.
But now, this evening, I have to say that at the moment, i'm feeling sort of ok. not as bad as yesterday (which is strange) but i'm hoping I get that 'Calm' feeling others have talked about on the day of their surgery (but I very much doubt it). But if it happens, I will definately tell you when I get back. (Have been told to expect to be in up to 5 days, if not longer)
Just needed to get this all off my chest.

Also wanted to say A HUGE THANK YOU to all you ladies that have helped me so much in the few weeks leading up to my op.
And thank goodness for this website...it has been a blessing.

For all you Ladies that are having your surgery on monday 23rd & all this week, you will be in my prayers.

Take care & God bless.

Will post when I get back from the Castle

Lots of hugs
Marie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2004, 07:58 PM

Waiting truly is the worst part. After it is all over you will be so glad that you did it. I wish you a speedy recovery and an uneventful castle stay.

Hugs.
Unread 08-21-2004, 09:47 PM

good luck on your surgery! i was nervous too, but it was much easier than i thought it would be. i hope your recovery is easy too! dee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register