Nervous about my pre-op Doctor's appt tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous about my pre-op Doctor's appt tomorrow Nervous about my pre-op Doctor's appt tomorrow

Unread 03-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Nervous about my pre-op Doctor's appt tomorrow

Hi ladies,

I'm so nervous about my doc's appt tomorrow, and have 16 questions to ask him about the surgrey, Thanks to the wonderful ladies on site I now have a better idea of what to ask my doc, and am even going for a 4th opinion. want to make sure I'm doing the right thing, last night Iwas in so much pain on my left side from the ovarian mass I have there, couldn't have the romantic night i was planning with my hubby,can't help feeling old and useless right now. Can't believe that april 6th will be here soon. I find myself crying over everything and in a terrible mood. Thank you for letting me vent. Good luck to those having surgrey soon and those still recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 09:15 AM

I felt the same way too. I cried over everything, was moody, anxious and just a train wreck of emotions. There were times I had "planned" to have a night of romance with my DH before the big day, but I just couldn't put myself in the mood when the time came. I took my list of questions with me for my DR, and she answered them, every one of them. I even asked about how long it would be before I could get back on the motorcycle. It's riding season!! She said 2 months! So I guess thats not too bad, by June I should be ready to ride. I had my LSH/BSO Friday. I am in very little pain, just some discomfort. And the pain is NOTHING compared to the pain I was having beforehand. I feel so much better already. Everyone post op says this, waiting IS the hardest part, and it is true, but no matter how many times you hear it you will still have the pre op anxiety. At least I did. Good luck on your upcoming trip to the castle. I will be praying for you and a great recovery!!!
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:23 AM

Thank you so much for your good wishes and prayers Bettie, I hope that your recovery is going well. I appreciate you taking time off from your own recovery to respond to me. There are so many special ladies on this site, it's been my salvation, and is keeping me sane. Have fun when you get on that motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2007, 09:45 AM

I was the same way when I was getting ready for my surgery. I had to wait 4 months to finally get the surgery, and the pain got worse and worse and so did my libido. It's hard to feel romantic when half of your insides are falling out, you know!

I think getting other opinions are a great idea. At my 2nd opinion, my doctor asked me why I was seeing him - I had the best gyno in the area! But then I knew I was doing the right thing.

Keep that list of questions handy and don't be nervous about pre-op. It will be over before you know it, and you'll feel so much better and prepared.

Good luck on your surgery!
Unread 03-26-2007, 09:52 AM

I was anxious before my surgery too. Its so nice now though not one regret. the worst part of the whole surgery was the gas pains after and it took a while for my system to get straightened out. Also got a 1/3 of evey month back and no longer have to plan around my monthly guest. God speed with you and a big HUG
Unread 03-26-2007, 01:03 PM

Hi Griselle!
Our dates are close together (I'm the 10th). I, too, am getting more nervous the closer it gets but I'm so ready. Aunt Flo came the other day for what I hope is the last time & it's been HORRIFIC! So, right now the nerves are at bay 'cuz I'm in so much pain all I can think about is getting the darn stuff out of there. My pre-op with the doc is on Thursday & the hospital on Friday. I have the basic questions from this site printed out plus a bunch of others that I've picked up from other threads & the wonderful ladies on this site. I plan on re-writing it tonight as my doc & I have gone over a bunch already. Let us know how your pre-op goes. We're all here for you. This site is awesome! I'll say a little prayer for you for some "calm" from the nerves.

All my best,
Sue
Unread 03-26-2007, 01:19 PM

Hi Sue,
Thank you so much for your good wishes, Ialso wish you lots of luck with your surgery, yes our dates are very close together. I'll let you know what happenes tommorrow and do keep me posted about what's happening with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register