Worried about sex after I get the okay - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about sex after I get the okay Worried about sex after I get the okay

Unread 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Worried about sex after I get the okay

Thank you!!! You are right! I explained to my hubby whay it's important to wait. He did agree! Thanks again and have a fabulous wekend!!!

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2007, 02:31 PM

I am 1 week after surgery and had my follow-up visit w/ Dr. yesterday. My husband drove me there and was in the appt. w/ me (I was still "loopy" and he was there to hear what I wasn't hearing). After the appt., I commented to hubby that no discussion of sex was brought up by anyone (I had 2 Drs. doing surgery & at follow up). Not that I'm ready, but just curious.

Anyways, DH said that when Dr. came out of surgery to talk to him, Dr. told hubby "she's all locked up and the key has been thrown away", hopefully a joke. Now my husband has a great sense of humor and is a real joker AND the Dr. happens to be a personal friend of my husband's. BUT...

I'm hoping it was just levity to tell my husband hands off for a while, because improved sex is definitely something I'm looking forward to as a positive result of the procedure. I see the Dr. again 4 weeks after surgery, so I'm sure it will be a major topic of conversation. And I think I'll drag DH to the appt. just to make sure we're all understanding the situtation.

ETS (Estimated Time of Sex): Halfway through August!!!
Unread 07-06-2007, 02:34 PM

I got clearance from dr but the earth didnt move due to my nerves but sure in time things will return. I had no desire months leading up to surgery as I was so ill 5 days in hospital every month and pain after sex. I had no pain this time so as soon as learn to relax again and get my hormone pellets all will be sweet again at least I hope so.
We will all be riding the train to O heaven soon enough.
Unread 07-06-2007, 02:40 PM
EST also mid August

My DH has been very understanding...he explained there is a big difference between "can't" and "don't want to"! He has been making some wisecracks, but all in good humor.
I went for a check today (9 days post op), and she had to use a speculum...after, I was stuck to the paper on the table from sweating. She reminded me of the no sex thing, and I told her after that exam, she wouldn't have to worry!!!
I hope things relax a little (including me) in the next few weeks.
I'm planning on having lots of lube on hand when the time comes!!!
Jane

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register