Ugh. BMW woes, troublesome stitches, | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ugh. BMW woes, troublesome stitches, Ugh. BMW woes, troublesome stitches,

Unread 08-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Ugh. BMW woes, troublesome stitches,

I am not feeling great. Been in bed for past 6 hours . Don't think I have a temp (100f) but then again I have been under the covers.
When will this turn around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Re: Ugh. BMW woes, troublesome stitches,

I think 101f is the temp they want you to call for. Keep an eye on it. Good luck! You may have just overdone it? If you aren't remotely better by tomorrow afternoon, don't hesitate to call your doctor. That's what they are there for. Feel better!
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:01 PM

I have had a few of those days and they are normal. 2 steps forward, 1 back.
Keep your chin up, breathe deep and remind yourself that you need time to heal. Take it slow..you can't heal properly if you don't take care of yourself.

Let yourself be lazy in bed..unless its an emergency there is no need to rush, everything will be there.
Take care and good luck in your recovery.
Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KibletStripes View Post
I have had a few of those days and they are normal. 2 steps forward, 1 back.
Keep your chin up, breathe deep and remind yourself that you need time to heal. Take it slow..you can't heal properly if you don't take care of yourself.

Let yourself be lazy in bed..unless its an emergency there is no need to rush, everything will be there.
Take care and good luck in your recovery.
Hugs!
Thank you! I just never prepared for this. Week one was a breeze. .
I'll pray for an easier week three.
Unread 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM

I think my 2nd week was also the toughest. I thought I was doing so well, but suddenly, I had zero energy, hot flashes constantly and my bowels still hurt all the time, which for me is the absolute worst part.
If you think you have a fever, check, it may just be hot flashes. If your fever is above 101, you need to call your doctor.
I tried to get off the heavy pain meds quickly, because that is what seems to be messing up my bowels and by all means, drink a lot of water and pee constantly. I also found that apple juice over ice and orange juice w/ pulp seemed to help keep me more regular. Resuming a normal diet has not worked for me either and continues to give me fits.
Walking as much as you are able will help keep you from feeling too stiff and sore, but don't push yourself. I normally do about 7-10 miles a day and just walking around the block has been difficult, but I continue to do it to keep my muscles from aching and to prevent any problems like clotting (which I have a history of).
Good luck and remember to take it slow, the recovery does seem just as daunting as the what lead up to the surgery sometimes, but I continue to look forward to my new life and want to do everything in my power to ensure it's a good one.
Unread 08-16-2013, 10:33 AM

I had my first non medicine assisted BM today. Holy MOLEY. It was incredibly painful, although it was relatively soft. I'm tempted to go back on stool softeners until I heal more. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?
Unread 08-16-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joymcarthur View Post
I had my first non medicine assisted BM today. Holy MOLEY. It was incredibly painful, although it was relatively soft. I'm tempted to go back on stool softeners until I heal more. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that?
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use stool softeners. Every time I called my dr's office, including today, I've been asked if I'm still using them and constantly reminded not to strain.
I take Colace and have every day since before my surgery. I had a severely prolapsed rectum so for months before surgery I had to take them.
I never had any type of side effects from them that I noticed.

Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register