Leg pain anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Leg pain anyone? Leg pain anyone?

Unread 06-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Leg pain anyone?

I had a total vaginal Hysterectomy 2 weeks ago. I have sharp pains down my legs and my lower back also hurts. Is this common?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Leg pain anyone?

Hi yogacrazy, and

how long did the pain in your leg start? any new pain, I would call your doctor and let him know....this way its best and you will rest better knowing it not something serious like a clot. please, make a call to your doctor. let me know how you are doing.....
Unread 06-17-2008, 02:17 PM
Leg pain anyone?

It started a week or so before the surgery. I know that back and leg pain and urinary incontinance are signs of cervical cancer. I have all three. I don't have cervical cancer but I have stage 3 cervical dysplasia. Which I was told is the final stage of precancer. I am not sure if the cancer symptoms would apply to me or not. I was hoping the leg pain would go away after they took out the bad cells but it hasn't. I never think to ask the doctor important questions when I am there. I seriously need to make a list of my questions before my next visit at my 6 week checkup.

Also I have had low grade fevers since the surgery and am on my 3rd dose of antibiotics. It feels endless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Leg pain anyone?

I had a TVH also. I did have some leg pain afterwards, right below the knees, at the top of the calves on both legs.
Since it was bilateral, I felt it was from the posture they put me in to do the surgery. It did go on for months, and I did ask my GP. He wanted me to come in, but I could not get an appointment.
It went away, but I noticed it again when I went on estrogen 1 month ago--

SO, I am slowwwlly stopping the oral estrogen, and the leg pain went away. I should have gone to the Dr, but I am soooooo sick of the whole
scene there. It is hard to get an appointment, etc, rude staff, Dr always too busy-----

Another reason to stop the estrogen.
Unread 06-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Leg pain anyone?

yogacrazy; so sorry you are not feeling well I will be praying for you hon in the meantime, dont hesitate to call your doctor if the fever continues, its a shame that you dont see him until your six week check up please, rest and take deep breaths and take one day at a time, things will get better....
Unread 06-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Leg pain anyone?

Thank you, 4hisglory and wannarideagain so much. It is nice to know that I am not alone and that you care despite not knowing me. Thanks K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register