Pre-Admisssion Tests | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Admisssion Tests Pre-Admisssion Tests

Unread 02-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Pre-Admisssion Tests

Well, it's getting more real. My pre-admission tests are now scheduled for Feb 13th at 6:30AM and pre-op visit with dr is set for this week on Thursday. I'm getting more nervous now that everything is really happening. Trying to get things prepared but feel like I am going in circles. My mind is racing in so many directions - should I write out a will, leave letters for my DH, DD and DS and mom if god forbid something happens to me, how should I tell my DH where everything he needs might be without scaring him to death. I thought perhaps I would get a notebook and write out where stuff is and what would need to be paid etc and just leave it for him somewhere just in case. I know this is probably normal but I've had a few panic attacks in the past year due to menopausal syptoms and hope that I don't get myself so stressed prior to the surgery. I just want to be calm. I asked the doctor for something to stay calm and he agreed but I was wondering if anyone else took anything prior to getting to the hospital for their nerves?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Pre-Admisssion Tests

Hi,
Yes.... my doctor had me pick up a script. I took one the night before to help calm myself for a good nights sleep and then I took one in the AM before heading to the hospital. Then when I was being prept for surgery they added a little something to my IV.
I also had the "fear" of if something went wrong...my husband wouldn't have a "clue" for taking care of the girls and the animals. I believe I put up about twenty-five notes around the house! The fridge had a very large weekly menu of lunches and suppers for the girls. The cabinet had the cats menu. The frog tank, the fish tank and the hamster each had a "how much" and "when to feed times" on them. I pulled out sets of clothes for the girls, one weeks worth. These all helped a great deal... but hubby still asked a million questions when I got home!
Making ALL the notes did help me feel better!
Take care and remember...take deep breaths...it'll all be OK.....
Unread 02-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks

Thanks! I'm lucky that my DS (18) can handle the animals (cats, frog and guinea pig) so that's not a worry. My DH is pretty good in a pinch so I'm not worried about that kind of stuff but more about the "what if" stuff. It's partly my fault because I do it all and he really doesn't know much about "stuff". Guess there's no time like the present just in case, right!
Glad to hear about stuff to calm you plus someone else told me about stuff in IV. That's sounds like just what I'll need. Want to be in lah-lah land and just go in for surgery and be on the other side!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Pre-Admisssion Tests

I think more of us have similar fears and concerns than we care to admit!

When you do your pre-op stuff, they'll also ask if you have a living will, etc, so don't you "freak out," either. They can give you info on that if you are interested.

I approached the subject kind of in a "oh by the way" manner, rather than having a big, heavy sit-down discussion about it. Kind of, "I know nothing is going to happen, but . . ." Then I just told him where all the important papers were (fortunately, all in one place!). He handled it just fine. And I felt comfortable that he knew.

It's good to be prepared, but YOU ARE GONNA' DO JUST FINE!!!!! It's normal to worry, but keep a positive attitude! This will all be behind you before you know it!

Hang in there!
monami
Unread 02-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Pre-Admisssion Tests

I got onto my hospitals website and pre-registered. They also had the forms for the Living will and Power of Attorney for health care. I have filled them all out but now need to witnesses to sign them also. My husband thinks I'm overeacting but I'm not really worried about the surgery, just wanted to have these filled out for the future and this was convenient for me to do it now.
Good luck with your surgery (((hugs)))
Unread 02-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Pre-Admisssion Tests

I know how everyone is feeing. I have been nervous also.. The company I worked for closed it doors on Dec. 11. and with it my group life insurance. I had to call and get the ball rolling to get some before the big day. I am not trying to be morbid or anything but we rely on my income. But I am also trying to use my stress in a positive way and I am doing my spring cleaning now ( I won't be able to in March/April) Just getting things done that I think will drive me crazy if I can only sit and look at the mess/clutter. I want evrything in its place when I leave in the morning for my surgeries. I go for my physical on Monday. I had pre-op with gyn. and urologist for surgeries on Feb 27th.
Highwoman and Melsy you are scheduled before me. Good luck with your surgeries and quick healing.

Best Wishes,

Plantlady

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register