Had Hosp. Pre-Admit, Dr. Pre-Op today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had Hosp. Pre-Admit, Dr. Pre-Op today Had Hosp. Pre-Admit, Dr. Pre-Op today

Unread 01-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Had Hosp. Pre-Admit, Dr. Pre-Op today

Hello Sisters!

Had my hospital pre-admit/Dr. pre-op appts. today. It took two hours all together! Dr. is next door to the hospital!!!

Everything went well. Pre-admit nurse took time and explained everything to do with before and after surgery. Then I had to have an EKG since my blood pressure is up.

My doctor answered all of my questions. Don't know what I'll end up keeping since endo could be on ovaries. I want to keep any good parts that I have, but gave permission for him to take away diseased parts when he gets in there. Had blood drawn, and then I was on my way.

I could have gone shopping, to a movie, had lunch out, etc., but I guess I feel a little depressed, and not quite in control of things. I just took myself back home. Waiting is a killer. Not knowing til after surgery what I have left is an emotional thing for me. Wish it wasn't.

I wish I could have someone here to give me a hug. I don't have anyone close. DH is hiding in his "cave." I have appreciated the questions and answers about husbands. Thanks everyone!

I think he'll be very helpful afterwards, but now I feel like I'm in isolation. This can be a very lonely journey.

Hystersisters has been a lifeline for me. Thank you all so much!

Cinderellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 03:18 PM

I wanted to be one of the first to give you a much deserved *HUG*. I hope you start feeling better and take a little time for some "YOU" time if possible. I hope that everything will be taken good care of. Please do let us know how you do.
Unread 01-18-2005, 03:24 PM

from here too! Try to think of something to look forward to when you're back on your feet. A trip somewhere or something fun you'll be able to do. You are definitely NOT alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2005, 03:25 PM

I know you are feeling emotional and so here is a big ! I will keep you in my prayers that your surgery is successful!

s

Deb
Unread 01-18-2005, 03:38 PM

Hi Cinderellen:

A big HUG to you, too. I could of written almost the same thing except I already had my Pre-op with the doctor on Jan. 3rd then got a call to reschedule my surgery because her father passed away. So my Pre-admit was rescheduled for this Friday then I go in the day after you - next Tuesday. And I know exactly what you mean about the DH hiding in his cave. I try to talk about my anxiety with him and he just doesn't say anything. He is taking two weeks off so hopefully he'll come around after the surgery is over. So I take my anxiety to the gym and tell my personal trainer to work me out hard. She just laughs and then gives me a good workout. I'll be thinking of you on Monday - GOOD LUCK!!!

Sue
Unread 01-18-2005, 03:53 PM

Hi Cinderellen - Had my pre-op today also, was easier than expected - no bowel prep yahoo!!! BUT, I have another appt with my doc's parter this Friday to see if he agrees to assist my doc with laprascopic surgery rather than abdominal. I'm all for that!!!

He's pretty confident it could be completed this way, but I won't know until Friday now if I'll be going in for my previously-scheduled surgery date of next Monday (yikes!), or rescheduling 3-4 weeks down the road. I sure hope it works out that way...

Hope your surgery goes well!

Laura
Unread 01-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Thank you for writing

Hi, again!

It's been great to spend a little time here at the "site" reading your encouraging words. Thanks so much.

It's time to pick up my girls from school. Life goes on. I will feel better when there are other people in the house. It is a good distraction.

Best wishes to all of you. Keep in touch, okay?

Cinderellen
Unread 01-18-2005, 07:19 PM

Hi just wanted to give you a few

Cindy......
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:22 PM

My pre op is Friday...the 21st and my surgery is on Monday. Boy, my knees are shaking....I am full of so much anxiety that I am driving myself crazy. I have 2 more days to work until I take off until March and I am looking forward to the time off. Anyways, keep me in your prayer as I shall you and all the others.

Peace and Blessings
Mz Tumari
Unread 01-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Don't Be Scared

I just came home on Sunday from a LAVH and I feel pretty tired but okay. Last week I had the same fears as you not knowing what to expect but I DID IT my blood pressure was extremely high fromy worrying and I am still not knowing what to expect from tomorrow til the next day but I stay positive. Just stay strong and know that as all of us as "sisters" always stay with each other.

My prayers are with you
Rose

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register