thinking about having a hyst at 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

thinking about having a hyst at 29 thinking about having a hyst at 29

Unread 06-19-2003, 12:30 PM
thinking about having a hyst at 29

Hello everybody

Im new to this site. I have been suffering with endometriosis and been in constant pain for the last year and a half, I have had 3 laps, 2 of those with laser treatment and the last with a luna as well, zoladex injections, the pill etc every treatment that I have been put on has not worked for the pain. The Zoladex helped loads with my hormonal inbalance, I actually felt normal and not tearful and depressed!

Now I am feeling more and more like I want to take the plunge and have a hyst, I am aware that it may not cure my endo but just be not having periods and my hormones being wiped out would make it alot easier for me to cope. Every day is a struggle with the pain, I have a very supporting hubby but it is still very difficult to cope with being in pain all the time. I suppose I really want to know if anyone else has had a hyst around my age and what its been like and how are you now?

Sorry to babble on, its just great to find another good website. Take care everyone and I hope to hear from some of you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2003, 12:37 PM

Hi Emma

Welcome to Hystersisters!!! This is a great website to get information. I would suggest you check out the Pre-Op and Post-Op forums. You can find them by going to the home page - they are on the right side, just click on them and you will get there.

I would also check out the Hormone Jungle and No-Hormone Desert Oasis too.

Do as much research as you can before you make up your mind. Remember, knowledge is power!!!

Sending you a big

Patty
Unread 06-19-2003, 12:46 PM

Hi Emma,

I had my tah/bso last May because of endometriosis as well. I was 19 and I admit it was a bit extreme. However, as I'm sure you know, just the thought of days without pain is enough to go through with the surgery. I know that a lot of women have good results with a hysterectomy. Have you had a second opinion? I did and I think that was what really made me want to go ahead with the surgery. I had 2 doctors telling me that it was the best opition. I had 4 laps, 3 months of lupron, so many bcp's and a laparotomy. The pain was always back before my 6 wk check up.

If you ever want to chat, email me anytime at: * * * admin note: email addresss snipped, please use email button at bottom of post * * * Take care and pain free wishes always.

s,
Candida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2003, 12:49 PM

Hi Emma,
I guess you could say I'm "around" your age I am 32 and 10 days post op from a TVH.

It was the best thing I ever did for myself and I feel great. I didnt realize how sickly I really was until after the surgery. I knew I was a mess.. but it never really hit me of all the ways it affected my life until now.

My hormones were all out of whack before my surgery and now they are coming to a better balance and I feel better mentally and physically than I have in many years. I never remember feeling this good so I know its been a long time. My temper is better, I dont get angry and I have the patience of a saint (well.. compared to before, I do!)

All I can say is that you should discuss it with your DH and your doctor and come to a decision that is right for you. Look at your quality of life, and think about how much it could improve if you do have a hysterectomy.

If you want to talk personally, please feel free to PM me.

s
Unread 06-19-2003, 01:22 PM

Hello, Emma--
Only YOU can make this decision, as you know. I'm 35 and I'm 8 days post-op from a TAH/RSO. I'm doing well and I can tell I'm going to feel so much better, I already have more energy than my body will allow me to use up right now. If you are truly just weary of feeling horrible and I know how wearing pain and problems can be, I say go for it. Quality of life is SO important. We will be here to support you, whatever you decide.

S
Leigh
Unread 06-19-2003, 02:08 PM

Hi Emma--Welcome to Hystersisters

The decision to have a hysterectomy is a huge one----and especially at such a young age. My advice is always if you are questioning the decision, seek out a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th medical opinion.

Also, I'd like to invite you to visit the Hysterectomy Options and Alternative Forum. Lots of good information and support there for ladies who are trying to make this decision.

Good luck to you!

's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register