preop appt. tomorrow surgery the26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

preop appt. tomorrow surgery the26 preop appt. tomorrow surgery the26

Unread 04-18-2005, 12:23 PM
preop appt. tomorrow surgery the26

One more week till the day
Well the preop appt. is tomorrow and the surgery is scheduled for the 26 in one week. I have come to terms with it all and a ready to get-er-done!. I think my uterus is mad tho it has been giving me more trouble the closer i get. Back pain , cramping. tail end pain . you name it jezz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2005, 01:24 PM

Well done! Good luck with the whole thing. My pre-op is Wednesday and surgery is next (28th) Thursday. I too, am sooooo ready to get-er-done! My husband has told me he doesn't want to hear any more details about what things are going to get sewn and where. He did say he'd be happy to help me light my tampons on fire though.
Unread 04-18-2005, 01:27 PM
not alone

Scrappydo,

I'll be having my pre-op tommrow and surgery same day as you. I'm thinking it is going to be an extreme makeover to be free of all the mass making me miserable!!-if I'm lucky enough to get off complication reduced or free? Hang in there, I'll be white knuckling my way too. Noom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2005, 02:41 PM

I will be praying for you . That all goes well! My husband is ready for me to do this as well . He says he seen me hurt enoug over this.
Unread 04-18-2005, 02:45 PM

My pre-adm. is this friday coming up. I'm my surgery is also on the 28. This waiting time its killing me. I think on this process this is the worse part. I'm also not feeling well. My pains are more often. And also my cramps. Well soon everything will be gone.
Unread 04-18-2005, 03:39 PM

Scrappy - my pre-op is Wed and surgery the 26th too. I am so looking forward to this. I think reality hasn't sunk in yet and I'm just excited about having all this time off. My uterus figured out what's going on too and was scared into behaving itself. However, now I guess it's trying to pay me back and things are back with a vengeance!! LOL Kind of good though because it's reminding me why I'm doing this.

Good luck to all with the pre-admin and then surgery next week.

I so can't wait to NEVER HAVE A PERIOD AGAIN!!! I am going to have a pad burning party and a cosmetic bag burning party - the one I use to carry everything around all the time!!!!

LOL

Kay
Unread 04-18-2005, 03:47 PM

I envy you all! My pre-op is next tuesday and surgery wed the 27th. Still seems like ages away. I can't wait to lose the cramping and the bleeding. My blood count is dropping a point every 2 weeks and the iron tabs 3 times a day are getting tiring.
What do you do for the pain when you can't take the ibuprofen before surgery? Thinking of all you soon to be princesses as your days approach.
Joy
Unread 04-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Me too . . .

I had my pre-op appt. today, my surgery is scheduled for the 29th of April. I am now actually excited to get this over with. Had to chuckle that several of you say your uterus is acting up . . . I started to doubt that this was the right thing to do and lo and behold, the pain started . . . what a reminder! This is my first post on this forum, but I sure do read a lot of them. Even though I've never posted, thanks for all the advise & support that I seem to find on here.
Unread 04-18-2005, 05:24 PM

I have pre-op at the hospital tomorrow too. My uterus is on strike - no period this month for the first time ever!
Unread 04-18-2005, 06:16 PM

My surgery is also the 26th. I had my pre-op tests last Tuesday and tomorrow I see my family doc for clearance. I'm hoping the bronchitis I've been fighting is improved enough that he'll clear me. he started me on antibiotic and an expectorant last Fri and I feel better but still have an occassonaly rattly cough.

Do NOT want to have to put this off!

I'm chuckling too at the "misbehaving uteri"! My pet fibroid has been hurting me today; it's on my right side and I can really feel it!

I'm so glad to have found this site! It helps knowing that i won't be the only one rolling into surgery next Tuesday!

Becky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register