Is it possible to have problems 14 weeks post op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it possible to have problems 14 weeks post op? Is it possible to have problems 14 weeks post op?

Unread 04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Is it possible to have problems 14 weeks post op?

Hi, my hysterectomy (all removed except one ovary) was performed 14 weeks ago. I've been fine and went back to exercising about 6 weeks ago. Two days ago during a yoga move I felt some minor throbbing where my remaining ovary would be. Since then I've been feeling an occasional sensation like an intermittent flutter, but no actual pain. Pressing against the area doesn't cause pain. I noticed a tiny bit of pinkish spotting this morning so I called the doctor. They can't see me for two weeks. Is this something to be concerned about? Any theories out there? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Re: Is it possible to have problems 14 weeks post op?

zinn2012!!

I'm so sorry to hear you are having issues this far out from your surgery.

I would say that if you have any sort of bleeding this far out, it would be something to be concerned about. Is there another doctor you could possibly get into sooner than two weeks? If not, I would maybe head to the ER just to get checked out.

Even though you are passed the initial recovery period, keep in mind that it can take up to a year to be completely healed, so you should still be quite careful in your activities. It is possible that you might have over done it a bit.

Please see a doctor soon to rule out anything serious!!

to you!!
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:21 PM

Thank you, Traeleigh
I called the doctor's office again, and they agreed to see me on 4/19. If anyone has any thoughts as to what this might be, please post in the meantime
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-17-2012, 01:28 PM

Glad to hear you can get in to be seen....

One theory...and it could be a long shot....

Could it possibly be a UTI? I know when I get them, I have a lot of pelvic pain. The last one I had scared me to death...it was about 6 months after my hyster and I went to the restroom and there was blood...I thought..."oh no...I'm not supposed to bleed...EVER!" Well, as it turns out, the blood was in my urine and I had a severe kidney infection. Just a thought of maybe another possibility. I don't know if you have any other symptoms, but it might be worth mentioning to your doctor.

on Thursday!!
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:20 PM

Hi Traeleigh,

You were right about everything! I have in fact overdone it and the doctor found the source of bleeding. There seems to be a small opening in the cuff so something had either not healed all the way or had healed but I put too much pressure on. She said after 8 weeks everything should have already been healed and that this is unusual. I wish the doctors would just tell you not to go back to exercising for 6 months. So if anyone is reading this because they did a search on "exercise", my advice is to wait 6 months.

Traeleigh, I also happen to have a urinary tract infection! So your suspicion in this regard was accurate as well. Nicely done! The doctor put me on two antibiotics to treat the UTI AND to treat any potential infection from the other thing. She said I shouldn't worry and that this will heal itself if I take it easy. She wants to see me in 2 weeks.

I hope my experience will be a lesson for the next person.
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:19 PM

Well, I am so glad you got in to see your !!! I'm sorry you are having to go through this, but hopefully you are on the mend now and can get on with the rest of your recovery without any further problems!!

This site is amazing, because yes, I'm sure your experience will teach someone and you may have saved someone from having to go through the same thing.

to you. I hope you are feeling better VERY soon!!
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinn2012 View Post
Hi Traeleigh,

You were right about everything! I have in fact overdone it and the doctor found the source of bleeding. There seems to be a small opening in the cuff so something had either not healed all the way or had healed but I put too much pressure on. She said after 8 weeks everything should have already been healed and that this is unusual. I wish the doctors would just tell you not to go back to exercising for 6 months. So if anyone is reading this because they did a search on "exercise", my advice is to wait 6 months.

Traeleigh, I also happen to have a urinary tract infection! So your suspicion in this regard was accurate as well. Nicely done! The doctor put me on two antibiotics to treat the UTI AND to treat any potential infection from the other thing. She said I shouldn't worry and that this will heal itself if I take it easy. She wants to see me in 2 weeks.

I hope my experience will be a lesson for the next person.

First, I am so glad that you were able to see the doctor. The unknown is just too darn scary...and now you know what's what. Your situation has made me rethink some of my activities this week. I am at the 3-month post op mark, so I've been doing lots of yard work. I filled 30 bags with leaves in the past few days. Also, at week 10, I started back to my exercise routine...although modified somewhat. Exercising is an important part of my life; so waiting 10-weeks was challenging. I think I will take heed though, and cut back on the lawn work.

I hope your healing process goes smoothly from here on. Thank-you for sharing your concerns with us, as it provided an important reminder that this is a lengthy healing process that requires patience and due diligence to not overdue.

Happy Healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register