moderate dysplasia AGAIN, ugh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

moderate dysplasia AGAIN, ugh moderate dysplasia AGAIN, ugh

Unread 07-15-2004, 09:06 PM
moderate dysplasia AGAIN, ugh

I truly appreciate this site and the knowledge of all the women that come with it. My gyn called today to tell me that my latest pap showed signs of moderate dysplasia (AGAIN). Granted I just had a leep procedure in Oct (03) and a previous one the year before. I have had a history of dermoid cysts since I was 19 and have had 7 dermoids in 4 surgeries. Needless to say the last surgery in Oct. I had one ovary removed, the other tube tied and the leep procedure. I mentioned to my Dr. when I saw him in June that my periods were lasting 2 weeks at a time and the cramps were keeping the ibuprofen world in business. He mentioned that my uterus could come out and he would leave in remaining ovary. He re-iterated this today and said that he could do a TVH, this would take care of the cervical dysplasia and the 2 week periods.
I feel like I have had a hysterctomy in stages. He said I would be in the hospital for a night. Having had abdominable surgeries, laporoscopies and 2 vaginal births, what does a TVH compare to pain wise and recoup wise? Will this eliminate monthly bloating? I am excited about the new undies I will be able to buy and the sheets I will not have stained with "accidents". I guess my answer is clear to me now and I will have it done, but I wanted to ask you ladies for your opinions. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2004, 09:19 PM

Hi,

I had a TVH with both ovaries removed. The pain was not hardly anything. My posterier repair was the painful thing. I was released by my dr at 6 weeks and returned to work. I was a little tired by the end of day , but to be expected.

You may have some symptoms still if you are keeping an ovary, but maybe not much or not even at all. I did not have the bloating, cramps, moods after my surgery, but I did have hot flashes. I was put on the vivelle patch and that solved the heat wave.

Regardless what type of surgery you have,it is major surgery and still need to rest and not do lifting, pulling or pushing heavy things. It is good to be a pampered princess so you will heal properly.

Wishing you the best for your surgery.
s
Unread 07-15-2004, 10:04 PM

Hey Codworks,

I had my hyster for sever dysplasia of the cervix. It just kept comming back no matter what I did. My periods were getting heavier and we are done having children so it was the best thing for me to do. I was in the hosptial for 3 nights. I would not realistically plan on staying in the hospital for 1 night only. I would serirously recommend 2-3. I had 4 vag. births, 2 with no drugs for pain and 2 with. The pain and exhaustion of this is way different. I had a very difficult time walking the day after my surgery. I got up and took 3 steps, which took me 10 minutes and then I told the nurse and my dh I was either going to pass out or puke. I went back to bed and tried again the next day. You have to relize they pull everything down and out. Practically turn you inside out. No joke. It's amazing what the Aman can have you sleep through with those drugs! The pain is like back labor all the time. Light headed, sore, painful across the tummy and exhausted. I am 3 weeks post-op tomorrow and I am just doing basics around the house. No big to do's. Give your self time in the hosptial. Get the drugs for the pain you need and stay ahead of the pain. I got behind on my pain meds and it took me 2 days to get ahead again. Not fun!

Well, hope this helps out.

Blessings,

Wildflowers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2004, 08:44 PM

Thanks for your help ladies. I am confused on the posterior repair that some people have been mentioning here and in other threads. Does everything just kind of fall down without a uterus? I am going to have to go dig out my high school anatomy book. Yikes!
Unread 07-16-2004, 08:49 PM

Hi,

I had posterier repair, because for years after giving birth it caused the bottom of rectum to pouch or strectch out and makes it difficult to have a bm. You sort of feel constipated or like you do not finished. I had been taking Metamucil for years. When I knew I was going to have my hyster, I mentioned this trouble I've been having and asked if I could get this done at the same time. It was more painful than the TVH actually. It was sore to sit for almost 6 weeks.

It was worth it and now have no more problems with it.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register