Burning Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Burning Pain

I had a SAH-BSO on Jan. 31st so it has been two weeks. I am recovering very well except that I have a very sharp burning pain on the lower left side bear the pubic bone every time I walk around at all. If I am lying down I am fine. Pain killers don't have much of an effect on it either. Is this normal? Is it something I should call my doctor about or is it too soon to worry?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2006, 08:18 AM
Burning Pain

Sunshein!!!

Been having the same problem, actually I over did it (I Know, shame on me but...) I think I might have pulled a stitch? Has anyone had that experience? Same symptoms... pain in my lower left side, felt the "pull" when I was horsing around. Would appreciate any advice or same experiences and what to do about it!

Hugs Sun!!!
God Bless!
Skye
Unread 02-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Burning Pain

Oh that awful pulling burning pain always in the lower left side.
My doctor said that is normal.Try to not sit up for long periods of time even if you feel okay, because as I have found you pay later. I am four weeks post op. I will tell you that a compression bandage works wonders for all of this. I got mine at the hospital pharmacy. It helps so much with the back pain to. My doctor told me weeks four and five were going to be hard and he was right, I feel like it is week two. I am looking forward to week 6 hopefully that will be better. God Bless!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Burning Pain

Is It Normal Too Have Lumpy Bits Under Incision 2 Weeks Post Op X
Unread 02-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Burning Pain

Good morning sisters

As with everything during recovery, if you have a new pain that doesn't go away within a few days and/or can't be helped with OTC pain meds and heating pad, please let your doctor know.

(((mary111))) It may just be how you are healing - I had a lumpy incision from one of my surgeries that gradually receded to flat over the months. If there is soreness or redness with the lumps, please call your doctor.

Happy Valentines s
Wendy
Unread 02-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Burning Pain

Sunshein, I also had a bladder suspension along with a tummy tuck, I was at the plastic surgeon yesturday complaining of the same pain, he told me it was from the bladder susp....stretching of the ligaments and time will take it away. I have figured out that an ice pack will help tremendously. I use it in the afternoons and evenings when I get tired also. Sitting up at a desk is causing severe pain there, and it definitely feels better to recline. I was out for the first time yesturday and last night it really bothered me...everyday is better than before so like the rest, it just takes time.
Unread 02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Left side pain

Sunshein,
I had a SAH the same day as you did and although I have a band of sensitive area (even to touch) across about 6 inches of my abdomen, the spot you mentioned is the most owie. I thought maybe it is a place where gas hides out. But since all of you are mentioning it, maybe it is more related to ligaments or connecting tissue that was rearranged. I am just guessing.
I use ice packs for the burning but if I think it is gas, I use heat. It just feels better.
Next 50 Years

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register