Crying jags? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-18-2008, 11:31 AM
Crying jags?

I'm only three days out from my LSH/LSO and I'm already having crying jags. Is this normal? For some reason, I expected this particular thing to take longer to manifest. Anyone else start crying for no reason this early after surgery? Or is this to be expected? I wasn't prepared for this. I mean, I know much of it is hormonal, but otherwise I wasn't prepared to feel some of what I'm feeling. I was looking forward to this surgery, to be pain free after the recovery, and I really didn't think I would get depressed afterwards, but I am.

My doc said I could keep my incisions uncovered after two days - to let the air get to them. I'm so so nervous about it. The idea of a suture snagging on my clothing makes my tummy flip-flop. And they're itching. Alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Crying jags?

Early morning on the third day out from my TAH BSO, I was excited because I was going to be released from the hospital that day and all of sudden out of the blue, I starting crying, wanted my mom who passed away 22 years ago, and then felt silly because here I am 43 years old crying for my mom. (I felt fortunate that this occured while I was alone and it only lasted for about 5 minutes.) When my doctor came to see me a few hours later, I mentioned the little crying incident to him thinking it was hormonal and he said that it wasn't hormonal, that it didn't surprise him, that it was normal and not silly because no matter how prepared you think you are, the surgery is major and can cause a lot of different emotions.
Unread 07-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Crying jags?

I'm 19 days post-op from my TAH, kept my ovaries. I've been dealing with crying episodes that have been driving me nuts since I've been home from the hospital. I didn't expect to be dealing with this kind of thing either. For me it's been much harder than dealing with the physical part of the healing. I've found that just letting the crying happen is a good thing. You feel better afterward, and remember, it's very normal after what you've been through. Today, I had my post-op appointment with my surgeon and I told him about all the crying. He said he wasn't surprised at all because my body went through a lot of trauma. He promised me it would get better, but said if it didn't that it could be treated. We decided to see how I was at my next post-op in 3 weeks.

Try to hang in there because it really should get better as you heal and as you rest. Pamper yourself as much as you can and remember that you have been through a lot.
Post on this site whenever you need to...we're all here for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Crying jags?

I had a good one at 7 days post op. I was being pulled in several different directions work wise, family wise and pain wise. I lost if and cried for 20 minutes. My kids (12/14) were amazing and rubbed my back asking how they can comfort me. Naturally that made me cry even harder.

I am so torn and really do view this as a pathway to change for my family. It is hard.

SO do cry, it helps reduce stress.

IC
Unread 07-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Crying jags?

My crying came about 3 weeks post op. Off and on. My first day back at work was brutal and I lost it there (have since been off a week and a half and go back Thursday).

I am 6 weeks post op and nearly melted down today. I put on makeup for the first time in weeks! I thought it would make me feel a bit better. So I was heading to the post office because I have a package there well, guess what? We moved, and I didn't know where the post office was but thought I had a good idea of where. Couldn't find it. Nearly lost it. Was not about to call my H and ask him because he's fishing today, and didn't want to bug him.

So I drove around for a while trying to not cry and did okay. I went to a few stores and bought some funny movies I haven't seen forever, as laughter is the best medicine.

I'm glad I have women here who can understand. It has to get better eventually.

Hugs,
Jess
XOXOXO
Unread 07-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Crying jags?

IC, the thought of your kids rubbing your back and asking how they can comfort you made me cry but in a good way!

I've done more crying in the last 10 weeks than I have the last 5 years. Ironically (or maybe God's way of sending me a message), I recently came across an article that discussed how tears and crying are healthly for you and I've come to accept that crying for me is just part of the healing process. My doctor also assured me that it should get better and if not, there are many different options to treat it. In the meantime, I just let the tears tears flow when the need arises.
Unread 07-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Crying jags?

I am 3 months post op and I only having crying spells during that week that is suppose to be Aunt flos but now she does not get invited any more. The dr told me at my 6 week check up to keep a journal of the symptoms when I am having them and how often and if they are more than just that one week a month that I needed to call her that my hormones were not working right I kept one of my ovaries. your hormones are in shock right now and if it does get better then you should address those concerns with your dr so that he/she can help

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register