15 weekers, How you feeling? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

15 weekers, How you feeling? 15 weekers, How you feeling?

Unread 08-07-2006, 10:26 AM
15 weekers, How you feeling?

Today I am 15 weeks post-op. I am feeling fabulous for the most part. My energy level is getting better and better. Is anyone else still sore in the abdomen region? I always have a slight soreness if I put pressure on that area. Kind of like a bruise. Nothing too severe just still slightly uncomfortable where I have to be careful if I want to lay on my tummy. I can work-out and work all day and for the most part feel almost 100%. I am grateful that the chronic pelvic pain I had for 5 years is completely gone, along with the horrible bleeding. All in all I am thankful I had this surgery at such a young age and I don't have to worry about needing it in the future. I am interested in hearing how all your recoveries are going!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2006, 11:13 AM

I too am around 15 weeks. I'm feeling much better, although I have noticed some side effects from the premarin I am taking. I'm on 1.25 mg daily and was wondering if anyone taking this dosage is having problems with constipation or is that part of the recovery from the hysterectomy. I had an abdominal hysterectomy with removal of cervix and ovaries. I've also noticed sex is not as good as it was before the hysterectomy. Maybe I still need to adjust emotionally to all of this. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks Much! Diana
Unread 08-08-2006, 09:32 AM

I was able to keep my ovaries so I am not taking any kind of hormone replacement therapy. My mom did have her ovaries taken and she is unable to have HRT because of her type of cancer but she said it took alot of time to get back to an emotional state where she was wanting to have sex. I have noticed that this whole experience has been life-changing physically and emotionally. I hope everyone is adjusting and healing well. I would still love to hear how other 15 weekers are healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm about 13 1/2 weeks

Hi I am about 13 1/2 weeks. I've been back to work. Still little sore every now and then, feels like a bruise. I feel a little more tender around my navel, or just below. My stomach still gets very hard when I do I lot. From everything I have been reading, sounds normal. The time I feel like I am all healed and recovered, my body lets me know to still be careful. My breasts get very sore when it's suppose to be that time of the month. I still have my ovaries. I am starting to sleep better. I haven't been taking Advil PM very much.
This time has gone by so fast, thankfully. Everything seem to go smoothly. I feel great. Hope everyone is doing as well.
Unread 08-08-2006, 01:13 PM

Hi All,
I'm 13 weeks today. I feel pretty darn good!!! I still have some swelling in my belly (frustrating)...it's still that hard type of sweeling. I still have numbness also, but yet also a tingly, burny feeling like when novacaine wears off - not sure when that will go away. Every now & again I do somthing that gives me a tweek of pain, but coming along great. Although I didn't want to particularly go back to work..seems things have gotten progressively better since I did back in June. I am so THRILLED at my outcome. Good-bye to all the monthly pain & cramping & migraines & almost constant bleeding. Any one who has any doubts about weather to do this surgery - I say do it! Of course that depends on the circumstances, but almost any improvement would be better than the way I used to live. I hope all you other ladies at this point are happy with their decision as well. Continue doing great & keep a smile on your face!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register