LSH Pain under left ribcagen | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain under left ribcagen Pain under left ribcagen

Unread 02-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Pain under left ribcagen

Hi ladies, wondering if anyone else has had this type of pain. I have cramp like pain (like from runnin) on my left side under my ribcage when I take a deep breath and stand up straight. I am one week post op and otherthan some normal tenderness I am doing really well. Just worried about that pain. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Re: Pain under left ribcagen

Call your doctor or go to the ER to be checked. It could be a symptom of a pulmonary embolism. If that's what it is, you will need immediate attention. Of course, it could be something else but it's always best to err on the side of caution. Make the call now, and let us know what your doctor says. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-24-2012, 08:06 AM

Hi Sweetie,
By all means Call your DOC!. ASAP! I was lucky when I had that same pain, it was only a bubble of the gas they fill you up with that they didn't get out. It lodged under my diaphram and the pain was not pleasant! the pain went clear up into my shoulder blade. But my body absorbed it after a day...Thank god! Heres to hopping yours is the same but don't take any chances...Hugs to you...Letta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2012, 08:18 AM

Nacaj, I would call your doc for sure just to let them know/get their advice, but I remember early on (the first week or so) I also had some discomfort in my ribcage, ie when trying to get a full breath now and then. As it never got worse, I figured it might have been related to the gas from the surgery. It did go away. But always good to check with your doc. Hope it feels better asap!
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:27 AM

I'm over weight. N had a lot of water weight n swelling. My ribs hurt from all the extra weight pulling down on me. It depends on the type of pain. But better safe then sorry.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register